Is This A Geno Message | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is This A Geno Message

Reaction Score
Paige would start on any team in WCBB at any time.
Here's a thought: While I generally agree with that statement, does Paige start on a team with the greatest guard tandem in the history of women's basketball (not just college) and if so at what position? Who sits if your answer is yes?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here's a thought: While I generally agree with that statement, does Paige start on a team with the greatest guard tandem in the history of women's basketball (not just college) and if so at what position? Who sits if your answer is yes?
Well, I limited myself to college because it is too much to say WNBA. I guess you are thinking Sue Bird / Diana Taurasi at their 2002 best? Probably would not break the starting 5 (4 seniors + DT) but would get a heck of alot of minutes assuming Paige was not overawed with the team.

I say this because it may be that Paige did benefit to some degree from a weaker and younger team last year not allowing her to be awestruck / passive etc making her stand out as a player and leader on practice day 1 and fueling her confidence.

Now having Paige / Diana in the 2003 back court would have been something. :eek:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, I limited myself to college because it is too much to say WNBA. I guess you are thinking Sue Bird / Diana Taurasi at their 2002 best? Probably would not break the starting 5 (4 seniors + DT) but would get a heck of alot of minutes assuming Paige was not overawed with the team.

I say this because it may be that Paige did benefit to some degree from a weaker and younger team last year not allowing her to be awestruck / passive etc making her stand out as a player and leader on practice day 1 and fueling her confidence.

Now having Paige / Diana in the 2003 back court would have been something. :eek:
Man, that's a tough question. She had a better freshman year than either of them in their freshmen years. Geno is inclined to bring freshmen off the bench, especially then. He still is but Paige's talent deserved the start, but would stick out so much on that amazingly talented team. I don't know. I think if she took a spot it would be Sue, not Diana.

Good question, @tkaes.

Reaction Score
I would say no. If I'm building a team of five of the best UConn greats past or present, Paige does not make that team.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Love threads and posts where there is no right answer and no wrong answer, especially seeing how it is still the offseason. Usually leads to some very interesting replies and counter replies. :)

Reaction Score
Love threads and posts where there is no right answer and no wrong answer, especially seeing how it is still the offseason. Usually leads to some very interesting replies and counter replies. :)
You are so right.

The offseason is great fun simply because it shows that none of us know anything about what might happen. We may think we do, but time and reality are quite the spoilers.

We can guess, speculate, use logic, argue and harangue all we want on the board. We can even think we're the smartest person in the room or the dumbest. At the end of the season, we can assess where we were, where we are, and what we learned. If we got 50% of it right, I guess we were successful. If we didn't, it doesn't mean we lost, just that we need a little fine tuning.

Whatever happens this year though, we will all be back here next year showing exactly how much we don't know about what might happen then. And hopefully, we will all appreciate the different arguments and points of view and know that we're each and every one of us ultimately on the same team.

Isn't life grand?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom