Is this a Big East ready roster? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is this a Big East ready roster?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn would be the last place team in the Big East if it was in the league this season. Bouk and Akok need to show a major leap in productivity, Carlton needs to get at least a little better, and we probably need Gilbert to return. I am counting on Gaffney, Adams or Wilson making a leap into being a quality Top 6 or 7 player in the rotation. And one of the recruits has to contribute immediately.

If all that happens, UConn has a shot at middle of the pack.

Remember that a lot of the bench guys on the BE rosters are going to improve and step up into starting roles ready to contribute.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What happens if akok and bouknight leave after next year for the draft?

If a player is not good enough to single-handedly carry his team to a tournament bid, then he shouldn't think about going pro. If there are two players looking to leave, they should get us to a Sweet 16 or they aren't good enough to play in the League.

Reaction Score
If a player is not good enough to single-handedly carry his team to a tournament bid, then he shouldn't think about going pro. If there are two players looking to leave, they should get us to a Sweet 16 or they aren't good enough to play in the League.

are you asserting that players who have left early despite not leading their teams to tourney bids have not been successful in the league? That’s an interesting hot take.

I agree that this team will probably be a bottom dweller in the Big East next year but it has nothing to do with your above statement.

Reaction Score
that’s the goal for Dan. He needs guys to get picked up in order to attract amazing talent. It would actually help us in terms of longevity
100% agree. Coaching guys into the NBA would be the best thing for Hurley, but if they do leave will we still be good in year 4 or are we going to keep pushing back which year we'll finally be good?

Reaction Score
Crap, you're right. Anthony Edwards is not good enough to play in the league next year. Neither is Cole Anthony. Shall I go on?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
are you asserting that players who have left early despite not leading their teams to tourney bids have not been successful in the league? That’s an interesting hot take.

I agree that this team will probably be a bottom dweller in the Big East next year but it has nothing to do with your above statement.

Bad teams are a hot bed of NBA talent. Got it.

Reaction Score
Good lord, just go back to the cesspool already.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Crap, you're right. Anthony Edwards is not good enough to play in the league next year. Neither is Cole Anthony. Shall I go on?

Cole Anthony hasn't played in weeks. So no, you shouldn't go on.

Reaction Score
Cole Anthony hasn't played in weeks. So no, you shouldn't go on.
THAT IS MY POINT. He's still gonna be a top 10 pick, and deservedly so...kid is talented .
Do you not remember Kyrie?!

Reaction Score
Roughly 20-22 American college players are selected in the first round of the NBA draft every year. You think Akok and Bouk will be two of them next year. Got it.
I really hope this is a character you play just for the message board.

Reaction Score
Drummond and Lamb were both picked in the 1st round off of a mediocre team.

Yes, it's rare, but it has happened.

Nelson asserted you are not NBA talent if you leave early and don’t lead your team to the sweet 16. It took me one minute to find a player who left early after not leading their team to the tournament (forget about sweet 16).

Klay Thompson, Washington State: 5 time NBA All Star, starter on 3 NBA champion teams.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson asserted you are not NBA talent if you leave early and don’t lead your team to the sweet 16. It took me one minute to find a player who left early after not leading their team to the tournament (forget about sweet 16).

Klay Thompson, Washington State: 5 time NBA All Star, starter on 3 NBA champion teams.

Not what I said. You are either and idiot or a liar. You choose which.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait for UConn to get the hell out of the AAC and into the Big East.

The Big East will offer personalized rivalries and be a big boost to the program. We will be fine in the Big East but there are few guaranteed wins in that league.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

26 college players drafted in the first round last June. 4 were on teams that did not go to the NCAA tournament. Scoreboard.

Reaction Score
if the ZBE is the huge baseketball conference upgrade some people make it out to be (I'm not convinced) then we'll be basement dwellers next year. However, I think we'll end up being middle-of-the-pack because the conference is being overrated due to the name.

Reaction Score

Go back and re-read Nelson's post.....you have misconstrued what he said and what he implies in it. Just an observation....

Reaction Score
100% agree. Coaching guys into the NBA would be the best thing for Hurley, but if they do leave will we still be good in year 4 or are we going to keep pushing back which year we'll finally be good?

I think so. More importantly Akok, or anyone for that matter, gets what they deserve

Reaction Score
It better be. I don't even know if I can handle another rough year unless I really fall back and become a casual.

Reaction Score
Go back and re-read Nelson's post.....you have misconstrued what he said and what he implies in it. Just an observation....
Maybe so but go back and re-read Nelson's post and you'll see how incredibly dumb and untrue his statement is.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom