Is there any updates on Sidney Wilson's waiver | The Boneyard

Is there any updates on Sidney Wilson's waiver

Reaction Score
I know there probably is not chance, but I was still curious if that had already been decided by the powers that be, or if there is still that 0.05% chance he could suit up this year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Even if he gets a waiver I wouldn't want him to play. RS all the way.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Even if he gets a waiver I wouldn't want him to play. RS all the way.
If it is determined he can come in and make a difference, he absolutely should play, even if it's half a season.
We need all the help we can get right now, there is no saving for the future. The future is now.

This is probably a pointless argument anyway, knowing the NCAA.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He’d probably start for this team, he should probably play if he gets the waiver.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If it involves UConn and the NCAA - Forget about it
Just to clarify, if it involves the NCAA and would be beneficial to UConn, Forget about it. If it involves the NCAA and would be harmful to UConn, prepare and implement multiple punishments and respond in 24 hours.

Reaction Score
KO basically said don't count on the NCAA making a decision anytime soon. Joke of a process. Hopefully they are working on the death penalty for Louisville, Kansas, Auburn, Zona, etc. from the FBI probe, but they'll likely get an extra scholly as a result or walk away "clean" like UNC.

Reaction Score
KO basically said don't count on the NCAA making a decision anytime soon. Joke of a process. Hopefully they are working on the death penalty for Louisville, Kansas, Auburn, Zona, etc. from the FBI probe, but they'll likely get an extra scholly as a result or walk away "clean" like UNC.

Have to laugh at what you say because it may come true. They have teams like Zona, Miami, UNC, Louisville out there gunning for the tourney and none should even be allowed to play in it. They'd already have UConn on death watch with an answer in 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
In the women's game yesterday, Notre Dame had a player transfer from Nebraska and be eligible immediately. Right before their first game, isn't that something? You can't get immediate eligibility from medical hardships anymore, she didn't graduate, and she had nothing but nice things to say about Nebraska as she left and there's no chance they would run her out of the program. Really doesn't make any sense based on the NCAA rules. Seems like a Title IX issue.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I expect Sid to get cleared around February 28th, give or take a month.

Reaction Score
I still think people should utilize social media to call out these orgs in public (in this case the NCAA), en masse, politely, of course. But calling them out. Social media has proven to be a powerful tool when people decide to use it collectively, and sometimes even a positive tool at that.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I expect Sid to get cleared around February 28th, give or take a month.
Yep AND he will have used up a year of eligibility waiting for the response!

Reaction Score
The NCAA isn’t going to make a decision, you can’t take heat for controversial decision if you never make the decision *insert thinking Josh Carlton.gif*

Reaction Score
The NCAA would have given him a waiver to play at UNC before he even transferred.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The NCAA would have given him a waiver to play at UNC before he even transferred.
And help him enroll in some great "no class" classes to get a leg up on credits - but the only bummer is a few non athletes might also be enrolled - "to benefit all"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom