is there any team in the nation with better guards than us? I dont think so | The Boneyard

is there any team in the nation with better guards than us? I dont think so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It doesn't get much deeper that's for sure, but we need to establish our go to scorer (Bazz, Kemba) that can get a basket when needed. I posted a thread last week saying I think we have a chance to repeat, so I'm clearly a lot more optimistic than most on here.

Reaction Score
It doesn't get much deeper that's for sure, but we need to establish our go to scorer (Bazz, Kemba) that can get a basket when needed. I posted a thread last week saying I think we have a chance to repeat, so I'm clearly a lot more optimistic than most on here.

I think most of us agree that we have a chance to repeat....it's just a lot smaller than 50%.

Reaction Score
I think most of us agree that we have a chance to repeat....it's just a lot smaller than 50%.

I admit I might have gotten a little carried away with the 50% number. Sue me! I do strongly believe we have the talent to make the S16/Elite 8 and from there it boils down to coaching and clutchness and we don't choke. So it's really not that far fetched

Reaction Score
I admit I might have gotten a little carried away with the 50% number. Sue me! I do strongly believe we have the talent to make the S16/Elite 8 and from there it boils down to coaching and clutchness and we don't choke. So it's really not that far fetched

The tourney has so many variables--no team is a shoe in. But LIke you said--we have the ingredients to do it--thats all u can ask.

Reaction Score
Until a new group of players hits the floor you do not know what you have. On paper we do look strong 1-3. I also like that RP and SCJ are coming in as juniors (age wise)- no freshman learning curve.

Repeat talk is simply dumb. Nearly impossible to win every 4 years let alone repeat. We are certainly DOOMED!!!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

It's definitively BOAT imo. Much has been made about his defensive performance in the tourney, but have you watched the UK tape recently? Boat had icewater in his veins that night. He matured into senior show before our eyes.

We're going to have a fun time watching Senior Show.

Reaction Score
isnt hamilton more of an SF? and isn't Omar Calhoun an SG? Lets throw in Kevin Ollie too!

I'm not disagreeing with us having the best guards in the country, just in who they actually are

Reaction Score
I like the Wizards with Wall-Beal. Young, but promising. Parker-Ginobli are still getting it done, too, and boy I'd love to see Kemba-Lance take off (or, dare to dream, Westbrook-Lamb).

But fourth or fifth seems about right.

Reaction Score
I like the Wizards with Wall-Beal. Young, but promising. Parker-Ginobli are still getting it done, too, and boy I'd love to see Kemba-Lance take off (or, dare to dream, Westbrook-Lamb).

But fourth or fifth seems about right.

Someone's always gotta be a smartass.:D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's definitively BOAT imo. Much has been made about his defensive performance in the tourney, but have you watched the UK tape recently? Boat had icewater in his veins that night. He matured into senior show before our eyes.

We're going to have a fun time watching Senior Show.
Purvis is certainly a contender to take a shot at the end of the clock. Hamilton may well turn out to be one as well.

Reaction Score
This is probably the 10th thread about our guards or next season that doesn't include Omar. I really hope he read all of them.

I think if you look at the roster and what we need in terms of size--I would say Omar would be more of a SF for this team along the lines of what Kromah and Giffey were.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I think if you look at the roster and what we need in terms of size--I would say Omar would be more of a SF for this team along the lines of what Kromah and Giffey were.

That's cool. During his first season I thought he was firmly classified as a third guard in a three guard rotation. The only thing about Omar is we "know" what he's capable of if he's healthy. We saw him. Outside of him and Boat the other
Guards are a mystery. T Sam could improve or level off as a sophomore . But yeah , if Omar could just be a Niels Giffey utility guy , that would really help. As long as he's healthy , the guard /wing classification doesn't matter.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
That's cool. During his first season I thought he was firmly classified as a third guard in a three guard rotation. The only thing about Omar is we "know" what he's capable of if he's healthy. We saw him. Outside of him and Boat the other
Guards are a mystery. T Sam could improve or level off as a sophomore . But yeah , if Omar could just be a Niels Giffey utility guy , that would really help. As long as he's healthy , the guard /wing classification doesn't matter.
I think Omar is a bit of a question mark too.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I love Boat, am super excited to let the Ferrari out of the garage, and can't wait to see D-Ham (as long as he doesn't enroll at UCLA by November). But I'm most excited to see Terrance Samuel next year. I think the sky's the limit for this kid.

Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away, 3 of the five haven't played for us yet. Potentially maybe.

Reaction Score
We need to replace DD and I'm sure who that is.

EDIT: and Neils.

EDIT: and Bazz

Dont need to replace anyone--need the team to make up its own destiny. It has all the parts.

Centers Bridah Nolan

Stretch 4 Facey

Rough 4 Lubin

Intangible F Calhoun

and our 5 guards.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The only thing were missing is more players who can hit contested shots (something that the 2011 and 2014 teams could do) I hope weve improved in that area. The one common denominator in our championship teams is that we could hit jump shots. Its very important, I hope we dont forget that.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I think Omar is a bit of a question mark too.

And your correct but it's more so due to injury. The thing is (as mentioned on
Another thread) we have nothing to judge as far as Omar's recovery is concerned. I mean if we at least had a 30 second video of him driving to the lane and dunking on Nolan and hitting some threes , we could at least say " Omar's recovery is going well and he's back. We got/ get nothing!!! We gotta get some kind of footage soon or I can see a small Boneyard mutiny coming.

Reaction Score
and from there it boils down to coaching and clutchness and we don't choke.
"Damn Straight!" - Donyell Marshall.
Seriously, I just like quoting this guy now because he "ignored" me for ragging on his 50% prediction.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
arent the Harrison Twins back at Kentucky? I would say right off the bat there is a better backcourt. Yeah we owned them in the NC game, but those kids are players and are going to be a load to handle this year.

Reaction Score
arent the Harrison Twins back at Kentucky?
Along with two top 25 kids coming in. DHam and Purvis at least cancel them out, and with Boat who IMO cancels out a twin right now, we have at least 3 big time play makers in the back court. So we will have to see how Jr and our role playing guards TS and Omar play.

If the latter three play decently, it'll come down to how far Boat can elevate his game now that he is in the driver's seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom