Is There an Issue With Kristine Anigwe? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is There an Issue With Kristine Anigwe?

Reaction Score
Why draft her then? I wish she would’ve went higher or lower to a better situation. The pick didn’t make since and at the time they also had Chiney which really didn’t make since. Lou to Chicago also bothers me, I wish she would’ve gone lower to a team with a good coach. Chicago is just all over the place.
James Wade has surprised a lot of people

Reaction Score
Anigwe fans got to see her performance with extended minutes in the Wings latest loss. Megan Gustafson was far more effective.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Anigwe fans got to see her performance with extended minutes in the Wings latest loss. Megan Gustafson was far more effective.
What we also got to see (those of us Sun fans who attended the game) is that Theresa Plaisance (whom the Sun got in exchange for Anigwe so that they would have more experience and more of a 3-point threat as the backup to Jonquel Jones) was not dressed for the game. Apparently she has had back problems all season, and it sounds like her minutes in the playoffs may be quite limited for that reason. I wonder if her back problems were disclosed before the trade. If she continues to be unavailable, then the trade will have been quite bad for the Sun, who will now have to rely on Brionna Jones as the backup center.

The trade was apparently viewed by Curt Miller an the Sun as a consciously Faustian bargain -- go for broke in 2019 to win a championship even if it meant parting with a young player with significant potential. If the player that they got can't contribute in 2019, then they really traded for zilch.

Maybe the league will determine that Plaisance's back problems weren't adequately disclosed, and that the Sun are therefore entitled to additional compensation. Maybe they could get Azura Stevens as the "real" quid pro quo for Anigwe?

Reaction Score
There may well have been additional reasons to trade Anigwe. As her 26 minutes revealed, more personal fouls than rebounds or made baskets, the former Cal Bear found little success against the weak Sun bigs. I would suspect Agler has a short fuse for Anigwe's Stephan Marbury character.

Reaction Score
I saw Anigwe play in the PAC-12 for 4 years. In her Junior Year, she had a couple crazy games where she had some suspicious fainting spells. Would come out of the game, and, then go back in the game, come out of the game again....just crazy. I hope whatever is holding her back, she gets addressed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom