Is there a window? | The Boneyard

Is there a window?

Does anything happen before July 1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that APR is resolved? ACC GOR not yet binding? Maybe UConn and [GT?] before July 1? I need some hope people.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sorry to say that we are in at least a 3 year waiting period, methinks. Fans need to buy tickets and new merchandise, football needs to get to a bowl game (and win), MBB needs to re-establish as a post-APR powerhouse, and we need a few years to inch closer to AAU.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I should add that I do not like calling you a dickweed (you seem pretty nice to me) nor am I one that likes telling other people what to do, like getting back to work.

Reaction Score
I should add that I do not like calling you a dickweed (you seem pretty nice to me) nor am I one that likes telling other people what to do, like getting back to work.

Thanks! In retrospect, I would have toned that down to d*ckweed (which could have just meant "duckweed") but I could not edit the poll.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Here's the window....

tumblr_maozp9zENv1qfo0oe.jpg

Reaction Score
In an ideal world (I have nothing to back this-up, just pure fantasy)…
1. B1G after getting snubbed by the ACC realizes that it needs 16 schools for TV and scheduling purposes and grabs the best available non Power 5 School left in UConn (#15). UConn also adds to B1G Hockey and UConn uses the extra cash to upgrade Morrone Stadium allowing UConn to add Varsity Men’s Lax, which also helps the B1G (Baseball also gets some money to upgrade JOC, they deserve it!). This also deals a blow to the ACC’s plan to dominate the NYC market with Syracuse and ND. For UConn’s partner, the B1G decides that a stronger hold on St. Louis and a presence in KC is not that bad and politely asks Missouri (#16) to join, which it does because…
2. After losing Missouri to the B1G, which is a better cultural fit and as it has natural rivalries with Illinois and Nebraska in the B1G, the SEC diverts Jurich’s plan on its way to Greensboro NC before the ACC GOR can be signed. Next thing we know, Louisville (#14) is in the SEC. This annoys UK a bit; but the money from an updated TV contract that features two UK/Louisville basketball games a year and a blood football rivalry, quickly makes everyone forget. Of course, this really screws the ACC, which really makes Delany’s day.
3. Worried that the world is going to fall apart on them again, the ACC, long since over that ‘academic’ issue, calls West Virginia. WV realizes that playing in the XII is financial and athletic suicide due to the travel and UT’s refusal to allow the XII to add another eastern partner, asks out of the XII GOR. Not wanting a school that admittedly does not fit to mount a legal challenge to the GOR, the other conferences push the XII to agree top let WV to pay its way out. The ACC survives.
4. To get back to 10, which is the cap that UT imposes, the XII selects one of BYU, Colorado State, New Mexico, and UNLV to join.

Reaction Score
If Big 12 ends up expanding back to 12 without stealing from one of the power conferences that probably increases the probability that the conference breaks up once the GoR is up. I guess ultimately that plays into UConn's ambitions but that'll be a long term play for 2023-24...not July 2014.

One of the rumors that was being floated was that Big 12 members have a look-in a few years down the road where they can leave the Big 12 if they do not meet certain revenue targets w/o violating the GoR....if true, who knows? I doubt it's true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom