Is there a reason why we don’t play games in Boston? | The Boneyard

Is there a reason why we don’t play games in Boston?

Reaction Score
Remember when football was going to play Notre Dame at the meadowlands? Yeah. That was great. The politicians got involved. Dead on arrival.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There was an attempt a number of years back. We played Gonzaga in Boston (I believe a third party sponsored the event with the hope of doing something annually with high profile matchups) but nothing happened after that game.

Reaction Score
We should create a scheduling agreement with BU, Harvard, and Northeastern and get men's games at TD Garden and women's games at BU (6k+ capacity at Agganis Arena). Create a quasi Beanpot with BC on the outside looking in if they don't want to participate. We control the gate money arrangement to the extent we can. Good for AAU/prep school exposure.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There was an attempt a number of years back. We played Gonzaga in Boston (I believe a third party sponsored the event with the hope of doing something annually with high profile matchups) but nothing happened after that game.

Yeah we played that one and then a return game the next year in Seattle but that was it.

Reaction Score
The only team in Massachusetts worthy of playing us is Harvard. Other than them there are nothing but lost programs.

Reaction Score
UCONN, UMass, Maine, UNH, URI, UVM. Maybe invite some privates once in a while, Holy Cross, Harvard, Yale, Fairfield, Bryant...

The Hall of Fame Games

Reaction Score
Forgive my ignorance on this, but why isn't the U game played anymore?

I used to get hyped for that as a kid. Obv UMass is nowhere near the level anymore, but it'd be fun beating them down.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure the OP was implying that it needed to be a local (to Boston) opponent. I personally believe that a reasonable (or better) profile opponent from outside the northeast would be sufficient.

I've been saying for nearly two decades that one thing we should do is play games in both Boston & NYC every year and take the approach that both cities and everything between them is ours.

Reaction Score
it would be a massive upgrade over a cupcake like binghampton or LIU...keep flexing that brain muscle.
That would be fine. But all these people are proposing a Beanpot style tournament which means it would need to replace Atlantis/PK85/Maui. I believe you can only play in 1 MTE per year

Reaction Score
Forgive my ignorance on this, but why isn't the U game played anymore?

I used to get hyped for that as a kid. Obv UMass is nowhere near the level anymore, but it'd be fun beating them down.
With Frank Martin at UMass I’d love to see this series start back up again. Need more CBB regional rivalries, and an early season road game regardless of opponent can pay dividends down the road.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom