Is the UCFB Stock a Buy at This Time? | The Boneyard

Is the UCFB Stock a Buy at This Time?

Reaction Score
Can't really go short on this stock at the moment as it is so close to zero now that there is very little way to make anything going short. So, if you were a Wall Street analyst would you rate this stock as a buy, hold, or sell?

Intuitively I think UCFB hit bottom last year. But I think this year will bring only modest gains, perhaps two or three wins. Better endorphin returns will come in the out years. The recruiting class is OK, modest improvement, has not knocked anyone's socks off.

My rating would be HOLD.

Reaction Score
At the risk of being called a hand-wringer, it is depressing. Can win for losing.

Reaction Score
Sell? Sell? Selling requires a buyer. Who do you think is buying?

I thought bringing HCRE back was fine. I have not given up on him being able to turn it around. But we are light years behind where I expected to be after 2 years, not just in terms of wins but in terms of staff, recruiting, fan enthusiasm, the eye test, BASICALLY EVERYTHING.

Optimism is very difficult.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't really go short on this stock at the moment as it is so close to zero now that there is very little way to make anything going short. So, if you were a Wall Street analyst would you rate this stock as a buy, hold, or sell?

Intuitively I think UCFB hit bottom last year. But I think this year will bring only modest gains, perhaps two or three wins. Better endorphin returns will come in the out years. The recruiting class is OK, modest improvement, has not knocked anyone's socks off.

My rating would be HOLD.
HOLD what? I don't play the penny stocks.:eek:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I hate Richard Blumenthal.

Richard Blumenthal has less than anything to do with UConn's CR situation. You just don't like his politics in general. Do you want a trophy or something?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Richard Blumenthal has less than anything to do with UConn's CR situation. You just don't like his politics in general. Do you want a trophy or something?
He is not the only source of our problems, but he played a big role in our downfall. To deny that is foolish.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Really, you keep thinking that sunshine. He was an ars and didn't help UConn at all in the long run or the short run.
He is a crappy senator as well.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He sure brought Pitt down with him too. Oh, wait . . .

Again you don't know a thing. The ACC wanted Pitt as they thought that the Big Ten would close that door as well. If you don't have a clue, don't comment.

Yes I am pissed this situation is garbage and Dunn leaving is a crap move plain and simple.

Reaction Score
I would sell stock in UConn athletics as a whole.

You get what you vote for and the state of Connecticut electing ineffective leaders combined with weak leaders in Storrs has utterly ripped this school's athletic department apart. Historically bad seasons the last couple years all over the place with bleak futures. And know one is doing anything about it.

Reaction Score
Good morning Dick. How are you today?

Reaction Score
I would sell stock in UConn athletics as a whole.

You get what you vote for and the state of Connecticut electing ineffective leaders combined with weak leaders in Storrs has utterly ripped this school's athletic department apart. Historically bad seasons the last couple years all over the place with bleak futures. And know one is doing anything about it.
Yeah, and the professors don't even teach proper grammar anymore.Head bang

Reaction Score
One way to look at it. In 2027 when UConn wins the AAC you should be delerious with joy. ;);)
When you hope for the future in stocks or in UConn you might go broke. On the other hand buying stock in UConn athletics in 1990 would have been like buying Amazon for $7 a share back in 2001. Hardest thing to do in stocks is to buy when everyone is selling or sell when everyone is buying. It takes steel gonads to do that but it's usually the right course of action. I guess now's the time to buy season tickets on Craigslist. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom