Is the tournament rigged in Dukes favor? | The Boneyard

Is the tournament rigged in Dukes favor?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
43803094-4E57-40DB-8E64-0B2BA8CD5698.jpeg

Reaction Score
The NCAA ain't been doing their job then....Duke has been to the Final Four twice in 14 seasons.

Duke has its weakness...they don't perimeter shoot well...teams will pack in close and make them hit from the perimeter.

And Zion will try to draw fouls taking it in...

Reaction Score
No one else has a 7"6 center. As much as I hate to say it, Duke got by UCF, survived the scare and are likely to win it all. Ugh.

Reaction Score
K gets way too much credit . . . guy is a great recruiter and gets his guys to play hard, but he is in competition with Self and Boeheim for doing the least with the most talent.

It would useful for somebody to pull the AAs to Title ratio for K, Self, Boeheim, and JC.
It's like the Patriots - what they have done is not appreciated by most - figure out the average draft position of the starting 22 for all the Patriots teams over the last 18 years and you'd likely find that they're in the bottom 1/3 or 1/4 of the NFL. Persistent excellence without having the best resources year in and year out.

JC/Bellichek - true greatness.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think Michigan State being in their bracket is remotely in their favor. Nor is a unique and difficult team like UCF being their second game. Also, didn't VT beat them once already?

Reaction Score
Zion is explosive...so quick, it is difficult to set and get a charge on him...a big man can block him at the rim.

Reaction Score
I don't think Michigan State being in their bracket is remotely in their favor. Nor is a unique and difficult team like UCF being their second game. Also, didn't VT beat them once already?

Cuse and Gonzaga did early...

Reaction Score

Looking at those clips now whats funny is Duke flops at the end as soon as Langdon lost the ball he does a belly flop and he looks around expecting to get a call. Near the end of the 04 game when Reddick got stripped he falls the same way Langdon did and K demands a foul like Duke is owed a call like they should have some preferential treatment.

Reaction Score
Forget the brackets, that’s the little picture. I think getting 3 top 10 players year in and year out skews things in their favor pretty strongly. Their players and team get saturation coverage on tv. All legal I know but you don’t have to set up brackets funny for them. This is freaking preordained every year. This thing is fixed for about 4 teams from second one. To start saying now that Duke is getting a break at this point makes me laugh. Do zillionaire’s kids get a break by just being born into their family?

Reaction Score
Forget the brackets, that’s the little picture. I think getting 3 top 10 players year in and year out skews things in their favor pretty strongly. Their players and team get saturation coverage on tv. All legal I know but you don’t have to set up brackets funny for them. This is freaking preordained every year. This thing is fixed for about 4 teams from second one. To start saying now that Duke is getting a break at this point makes me laugh. Do zillionaire’s kids get a break by just being born into their family?

Yeah...and if you live in the south...it is Alabama football or Clemson....for months at a time...

The top dogs get publicity...

Reaction Score
The NCAA ain't been doing their job then....Duke has been to the Final Four twice in 14 seasons.

Duke has its weakness...they don't perimeter shoot well...teams will pack in close and make them hit from the perimeter.

And Zion will try to draw fouls taking it in...
Ha! Refs never make calls against duke.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
K gets way too much credit . . . guy is a great recruiter and gets his guys to play hard, but he is in competition with Self and Boeheim for doing the least with the most talent.
It would useful for somebody to pull the AAs to Title ratio for K, Self, Boeheim, and JC.

It's been done on here before with K, JC, Roy, and Cal i think. Can't remember when.

JC looks really good in this comp.

Reaction Score
The beauty of the Big Dance is it doesn't matter how some might try to rig it, it only matters how you do for 40 minutes at a time. So many underdogs have done it over the years. UCF came within inches of the ball rolling to the left instead of the right in proving that once again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom