Is the Patriots dynasty over? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is the Patriots dynasty over?

Reaction Score
I was at Favre's last game as a Packer - in the playoffs against the Giants - INT in OT. Of course at that point I didn't care because I was more worried about freezing to death and just wanted the game to end.

His last season was garbage - but his 2nd to last season was his best TD/INT ratio and nearly took the Vikings to the Super Bowl - which he probably would have if he hadn't been beaten to near death by the Saints.

I can’t get the picture of his mangled ankle out of my head. He will always be my favorite Packer.

Reaction Score
I can’t get the picture of his mangled ankle out of my head. He will always be my favorite Packer.
My least favorite... favs: Max McGee, Bart Starr, Hornung,Taylor, Nietske, Kramer, Ringo, Gregg, Thurston, CT’s own Bob Skoronski, Adderly, and the rest from 65-67.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
FWIW: Charlie Weiss agrees with you on this exact scenario. Was discussing on his A.M. drive show with Bob Papa on Sirius-XM. Said that Belichik has fondness for the Giants organization & would skip in a heartbeat if asked. Called it a "win-win-win" situation for all sides.

The Giant's got the booby prize as Judge was supported by Saban and of course Belichick endorsement

Reaction Score
If the Pats dynasty isn't over, the window is just about shut.

The funny thing is, the resurrection of Brady in the last 5-6 years is pivotal. If he declined at the "normal" rate/age, they would have moved to Jimmy G and who knows what he could have done with Belichick/McDaniels for the next decade?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Patriots can still be very good the next few years, if they move on from Brady. Sadly, the ultimate Patriot hater @Deepster is right that if Jimmy G was in Foxboro now they'd be in much better shape. Whether they win SuperBowl 6 or not, who knows?

So the smart play for the Patriots is to put that Brady QB money to work on a RT, a speedy RB, and a TE. Bring in a cheaper veteran to compete with Stidham (or draft another guy). Take the $13.5m dead space cap hit, and then in two years you have that money back as well. Bringing Brady back and paying him $20M+ a year is the one thing that will put this team in a hole for years.

Reaction Score
So the smart play for the Patriots is to put that Brady QB money to work on a RT, a speedy RB, and a TE. Bring in a cheaper veteran to compete with Stidham (or draft another guy). Take the $13.5m dead space cap hit, and then in two years you have that money back as well. Bringing Brady back and paying him $20M+ a year is the one thing that will put this team in a hole for years.

So, you think a combo of Stidhim and someone like Andy Dalton can be enough to be "very good"?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, you think a combo of Stidhim and someone like Andy Dalton can be enough to be "very good"?

I think Stidham is better than Brady right now. Probably was at the end of the season. Not big on Dalton, but he's a plus level backup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom