Is The No Look Pass Predictable? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is The No Look Pass Predictable?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Exactly so @oldude. As far as this verbal being solid ...

"Chris Dailey, Connecticut's associate head coach, wanted to know if Muhl would be interested in playing for the Huskies. And even though 4,170 miles and six time zones separate Zagreb from Storrs, Connecticut, Muhl knew all about coach Geno Auriemma's program and its 11 national championships.

"I was speechless," Muhl said of the email she received in January. "My mom [Roberta] cried. I cried, oh yeah, I cried. My dad [Darko] was speechless. We all just sat in silence in our living room for five minutes."

More binding than a signature. ;)

Reaction Score
WOW! That is exciting to watch. Kind of a blend of Sue and Sveta

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"I was speechless," Muhl said of the email she received in January. "My mom [Roberta] cried. I cried, oh yeah, I cried. My dad [Darko] was speechless. We all just sat in silence in our living room for five minutes."
I wonder is they sat in the Darko. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wonder is they sat in the Darko. :D

Remeber Milford, you started this. In the silence, thoughts:

Roberta: "I'm losing my little girl."

Nika: "Is this a dream? Am I good enough?"

Darko: "I'm screwed no matter what I say."

Reaction Score
I have a slightly different take on this. I think most young athletes have very good peripheral vision. The challenge for many is to quickly process all the information from their entire "field of vison" and then execute a pin point pass to a teammate filling the wing on a fast break, etc. Most of us have to focus on one thing at a time. The very best pg's can run the fast break, be aware of where all of their teammates are, as well as the defense, make the right decision with the ball and then execute it all in the matter of a few seconds.
Nice post! I actually wanted to add that aspect myself, but I am a lazy writer. Totally agree with your take on that being the more prevalent problem. Still, I have noticed some players that when viewing them over time seemed to have a peripheral vision problem. You can usually tell, because the manifest it on defense as well, such as constantly losing their man on switches and screens There is one guard in the WNBA who certainly appears to have that problem. It will also manifest itself when making bad decisions on drives to the paint.

Glad you added the aspect about the ability to process visual information quickly. Usually, a great point not only can see the entire floor but is able to also process what they see very quickly.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, assuming Nika did not age out of her team, they have some major reloading to do:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom