Is The National Guard Staging At The Rent Again? | The Boneyard

Is The National Guard Staging At The Rent Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is 10 times worse than Irene but the colder temps tell me they found somewhere indoors to distribute their goods.

Reaction Score
Are there any articles/rumors out there that the Saturday noon start could be in jeopardy?

Well, I saw on the news last night pictures of the National Guard loading trucks and the the Rents scoreboard in the backround. I guess that answers that

Reaction Score
From the courant, the national guard activities won't interfere with the game. It will go in as scheduled.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, the National Guard has been using part of the parking lot at the team's stadium, Rentschler Field in East Hartford, as a distribution point for emergency relief supplies. A similar operation in September in the wake of Tropical Storm Irene forced the program to postpone its season opener for two days.
But Col. John Whitford, a National Guard spokesman, said they are utilizing a more remote section of the former United Technologies airfield to ensure will not happen this week.
"We are set up at the end of one of the former UTC runways," he said. "We will not be impacting anything in regards to the UConn football game."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom