Is the Depaul game a sellout? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is the Depaul game a sellout?

Reaction Score
DePaul is the worst matchup in the big east. The fact we are about to sell out is sufficient for me. Gampel lovers will trash the crowd for not being close to the energy level of the PC game.
energy level of the PC game = cheap drunk

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why, because 14,900 against an awful DePaul team on a weeknight would be so awful?
Awful? No. But we really want is there to be about 8,000 fans who want tickets and can't get them. UConn games should be like Taylor Swift concerts. That's the goal. Needs to be the hottest ticket in town, so hot that you count your blessings when they play Seton Hall on a Wednesday night, because you might possibly get to go to a game.

Reaction Score
Yes as last game of year for a team heading to the tournament and fighting for NCAA seeding, it would be terrible. We've been begging for success. We are successful. No more excuses.

Much, much worse.
Don't worry - it'll be sold out so you can stop from creating silly arguments.

Reaction Score
Awful? No. But we really want is there to be about 8,000 fans who want tickets and can't get them. UConn games should be like Taylor Swift concerts. That's the goal. Needs to be the hottest ticket in town, so hot that you count your blessings when they play Seton Hall on a Wednesday night, because you might possibly get to go to a game.
Yup, that's the goal for sure. I think we're building towards that and with next year's "fab five" + Donovan Clingan + Alex Karaban + etc will energize the fanbase even more than this year, which basically saw sellouts all year (after the cupcake portion of the schedule, of course). :)

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Haven't we sold out basically the whole season?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For you young pups we sold out all games at Gampel and Hartford fro 1990 - 1995
It was that way for the bulk of Calhoun's tenure. On the other hand, going to games was an event back then and the in-arena experience was better than at home.

Given the time, technology, and especially the dollar commitment, the at home experience is far outpacing the arena experience in the current era.

The XL Center wasn't at least three decades past its prime back then either.

Reaction Score
They've been releasing some great seats sporadically today for todays Depaul game.

Reaction Score
Up 30 late in the game, I’ve always been solidly in the camp that fans need to stay until the final buzzer but couldn’t blame anyone if they wanted to head out early to beat the traffic

But at least on the broadcast, that place was loud from start to finish. Great showing!

Reaction Score
There will be 15,564 in the building — almost half of whom pay a seat donation on top of their tickets for the right to be there — and nobody is walking through the door tonight to watch DePaul. No matter what anyone here tries to say, we have great fans in Hartford.

My wife is very pregnant and we learned during the Marquette game that we have a built-in decibel meter right now because our baby starts moving around like crazy whenever the crowd gets loud (he seems to especially love Red chants) so I cannot wait to see him KICKING from a sold out crowd tonight.
for a sold out game, there were hundreds of empty seats in the upper end zones

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
for a sold out game, there were hundreds of empty seats in the upper end zones
I don’t think it sold out. Close but no. Will have to confirm though

Reaction Score
E101A983-FF61-42C5-A1C8-E039B89316FC.jpeg

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Sellout or not, what a great home season. This has been the most fun we have had in Hartford/Storrs in YEARS. Let's take that in. Games were well-attended and lively. The Gampel atmosphere beat XL this year for sure, but I'm hoping we can have a huge showdown next year at the XL. On to The Garden.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom