Is the Big Ten an option? | The Boneyard

Is the Big Ten an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd be cool with the B1G. They never said "no" to UConn, so far.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
I wish!!! I know, I'm in the minority group about going there.

GG

Reaction Score
We would dominate in basketball (men and women's), but obviously need to really pick it up in football.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Considering the B1G is known to have said no on Mizzou... I don't buy this.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen the movie Tron?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Love to see UConnin the B1G but I hardly doubt it right now at least

Reaction Score
it is fantasy at this point. but if you think about it logically, if the BigTen thought UConn and Rutgers could effectively add NYC as a market they could make money by adding us. the only way we'll ever be able to increase a conference's incremental revenue, which is basically what's required for a conference to add us, is if we can deliver the fabled NYC TV market. academically we fit in fine with the BigTen, and we'll continue to improve. apparently we're on our way to AAU membership, which evidently is important to them. i think it's possible that the BigTen would want to make that move in a few years.

i think it's more likely they'd want us than the ACC would. i don't think the ACC will ever want to add us because adding us will threaten the current leadership of the conference by making it a largely northern league. all we can do is go out and win football games and hope we look attractive next round. it's really depressing that there's basically no chat at all about the West Virginia game on the regular board. this dance is starting to get really annoying and my feet hurt.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I wish!!! I know, I'm in the minority group about going there.
I'm with you. They are the type of schools we should be aligned with.

Reaction Score
I'm with you. They are the type of schools we should be aligned with.

regardless of where you think we could actually get in, i can't imagine anyone actually choosing the ACC over the BigTen if they were both options.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
regardless of where you think we could actually get in, i can't imagine anyone actually choosing the ACC over the BigTen if they were both options.
Agreed. And it makes more sense. If you think of the Big Ten as the Big North, where do we more logically and culturally belong? With Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan or Florida, SC and GA? It's a no brainer.

The BC experiment in the ACC has failed thus far in party because nobody in metro Boston gets enthused about any team from south of the Mason Dixon line. Apart from BC and UMD, every school in the ACC is from a confederate state, and Maryland was very divided. I think the ACC wanted Cuse and Pitt to mitigate its image as a southern conference.

Reaction Score
B1G really does not excite me much and our football potentially would be similar to that of Minnesota's. Our rivals are all in the ACC.

Reaction Score
B1G really does not excite me much and our football potentially would be similar to that of Minnesota's. Our rivals are all in the ACC.

This discussion floors me right now. Why don't you just debate which of your two favorite supermodels you are going to sleep with tonight?

If either conference calls us, we are answering yes before they change their mind. It is of no import whatsoever what we would do if they both offered us and gave us time to determine our preference

Reaction Score
This discussion floors me right now. Why don't you just debate which of your two favorite supermodels you are going to sleep with tonight?

If either conference calls us, we are answering yes before they change their mind. It is of no import whatsoever what we would do if they both offered us and gave us time to determine our preference

Cause we are fans - as in fanatics. If Susan Herbst is having these same discussions, then I would be worried.

It's like when someone posts, "lets not look past our next opponent." It is the coaches and players job not to look past the next opponent, not the fanbases

Reaction Score
UConn needs to WIN games. Nobody (with any reputation) would want to schedule us with the level of play we are showing right now !!!

Reaction Score
Cause we are fans - as in fanatics. If Susan Herbst is having these same discussions, then I would be worried.

It's like when someone posts, "lets not look past our next opponent." It is the coaches and players job not to look past the next opponent, not the fanbases

I'm a simple guy. Give me a supermodel for the night (and permission from my wife) and I wouldn't waste a second wondering what other supermodels might be available.

But by no means am I challenging anyone else's right to have the debate.

Reaction Score

Serious question: even though this discussion does not involve Edsall (yet), is uconNYC considered a creamer?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

This is all hypothetical, forum discussion because the B!G appears to be on hold. But hypothetically if the B!G and ACC give a call to UConn it means the B!G no longer is on hold. And depending on who the B!G offers or could offer, UConn would have to consider things carefully.

Suppose the B!G offers Missouri, UConn and Rutgers. Now what does that mean for the SEC, ACC, B12 and Notre Dame. Does the SEC go after the conjectured ACC schools? Does the B12 take the remaining BE schools? Does the B!G leak news that they are going after Maryland? And does this mean that both the ACC and the BE become so gutted they are no longer options for ND which finally puts the pressure on ND to join the B!G.

I agree with you. As things stand today, both the ACC and the B!G are supermodels. But things can turn around quickly and I can easily think of things happening where the ACC supermodel develops severe eczema or breast cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom