Is Smu team in CT | The Boneyard

Is Smu team in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good question. I'm driving 150 miles tomorrow.
Anybody know please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
They may be Southern Methodists, but willingly driving in this weather is downright sadomasochistic!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I hope they can get out of the house after the game....major storm moving in after midnight...here we go again!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hope they can get out of the house after the game....major storm moving in after midnight...here we go again!
Yea, that would be more my worry if I was them. They could get stuck here til Thurs.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yea, that would be more my worry if I was them. They could get stuck here til Thurs.

SMU's next game is Saturday at Rutgers so the team is going to hang out in the northeast anyway.

Trip to Piscataway on Saturday will be a homecoming of sorts for SMU's coach Rhonda Rompola who grew up nearby Sayreville, NJ which also happens to be my hometown. Rhonda and I both graduated from Sayreville HS though our paths did not cross (I'm a few years older). Rhonda was a three-time all-state player and went on to ODU where she played on ODU's AIAW's championship teams in 1979 and 1980. She then transferred to SMU where she played and now coaches. I have no idea why she transferred.

Chris Dailey and Rompola were contemporaries in high school; Chris attended St Peter's in New Brunswick and graduated a year before Rompola. I wonder if they played against each other in HS and college.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
SMU's next game is Saturday at Rutgers so the team is going to hang out in the northeast anyway.
Wow, that's a lot of classes to miss.

If they took a late flight home tonight, they could probably get to Wed afternoon, Thur, and Fri morning classes.

The flights would be offset by food stipends, hotels and probably a flight to NJ (suppose they could bus down there though).

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Trip to Piscataway on Saturday will be a homecoming of sorts for SMU's coach Rhonda Rompola who grew up nearby Sayreville, NJ which also happens to be my hometown. Rhonda and I both graduated from Sayreville HS though our paths did not cross (I'm a few years older). Rhonda was a three-time all-state player and went on to ODU where she played on ODU's AIAW's championship teams in 1979 and 1980. She then transferred to SMU where she played and now coaches. I have no idea why she transferred.

Chris Dailey and Rompola were contemporaries in high school; Chris attended St Peter's in New Brunswick and graduated a year before Rompola. I wonder if they played against each other in HS and college.

SMU already played Rutgers @ the RAC earlier in the season and lost. The SMU/Rutgers Saturday is in Dallas.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
SMU already played Rutgers @ the RAC earlier in the season and lost. The SMU/Rutgers Saturday is in Dallas.

You are correct. My mistake; I misread the schedule.

So Rhonda already had her return to Central Jersey.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
And, incidentally, the NCAA would not allow them to hang around that long during the academic season if they were going on to NJ. There are rules about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom