Is Sanogo the go to guy now? | The Boneyard

Is Sanogo the go to guy now?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
This is around the time Bouknight started getting used heavily and became the guy last year. In the media there’s been a clear emphasis on Sanogo. He’s finally letting him play through mistakes. No one else seems to want the role. What’d you think?

Reaction Score
He'll definitely be a huge piece going forward, but as long as Bouk is around, there will only ever be one go-to guy. If Bouk didn't return, Adama might evolve into that role, but let us hope that scenario doesn't happen.

P.S. Cole and Adams definitely want the role.

Reaction Score
This is around the time Bouknight started getting used heavily and became the guy last year. In the media there’s been a clear emphasis on Sanogo. He’s finally letting him play through mistakes. No one else seems to want the role. What’d you think?

Today would be a huge win! Let’s go Huskies

Reaction Score
I think Josh Carlton is going to play a good amount of minutes vs Seton Hall this Saturday.
Should be a match up in which he plays. Our big guys must stay out of foul trouble and I have little confidence Josh can do that.

Reaction Score
Not that freshman can't be the go to guy on a team and Sonogo is a good player but I find it disconcerting that a freshman may be called to be the go to guy on this team.

The upperclassmen need to step up big time.

Reaction Score
Not that freshman can't be the go to guy on a team and Sonogo is a good player but I find it disconcerting that a freshman may be called to be the go to guy on this team.

The upperclassmen need to step up big time.
That’s what happens in a rebuild where are you suddenly have talent infusion. Your freshman/sophomores are more talented than the upperclassman. And right now our 2 most talented sophomores are out with injury.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’d say yes. You can reliably give him the ball and he’ll get a bucket on his own. If he was better at not fouling defensively he’d be putting up unreal numbers.

Tyrese is great and a close second but you can’t as reliably tell him to just go get you a bucket on his own.

Reaction Score
Against a 10-8 team at home? That's not a huge win, it's a must win.
Seton hall had a front loaded schedule. Has already played Nova and Creighton twice.

Reaction Score
That’s what happens in a rebuild where are you suddenly have talent infusion. Your freshman/sophomores are more talented than the upperclassman. And right now our 2 most talented sophomores are out with injury.
Your comment is correct but must be balanced with experience of the seniors. Our new big has a enormous upside and should be allowed to play through a few bad passes. His presence down low has been fun to watch because of his fine touch that doesn't seem to exist with our senior big men.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I think you need to put down the booze. He has talent for sure and seems to be improving with more minutes, but he is no where near being the first option inside on either end of the floor.

Quite frankly this is an insult to the way Whaley has been bringing it every night.

Reaction Score
I am salivating at the thought of Sanogo with a summer of hitting the weights and going to a big man camp to hone his skills. He is going to be a problem for the BE.

Reaction Score
Whaley shutting down Sandro defensively and Sanogo wearing him down on the other end will be huge.
I agree we need Carlton to step up with that front we will be challenged in addition to Whaley and Sanogo . You may even see a little Springs .
My prediction is if our seniors have a good game we will win. I’m not saying star but give meaningful contributions.
That also means 2-4 timely threes from Polley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom