Is Recruiting Craziness Always an Indicator? | The Boneyard

Is Recruiting Craziness Always an Indicator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I think with Kasongo the natural thing in warranted frustration is to extrapolate that he would be a headache here; but does that necessarily hold? Caron ran against that grain perhaps Nate went the other way? I said in a previous post that regardless of the kid it is tough to come out of his AAU program 100% clean but you could find that diamond in the rough.

Reaction Score
If we get him I care- if we don't- I don't. The Rock looks like our gem in the raw in 2014 and not nearly as raw as Kasongo.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think getting Devin Robinson should be our main focus from now on out. If we lose him then we can panic.

Reaction Score
We have DHam, Rodney, Omar, potentially Deandre still and Leon still to mix and match. While I certainly would love for Devin to choose UConn I doubt there is any need whatsoever to panic if he goes elsewhere!

Sam Jr is fairly significant at this point........

Reaction Score
Devin robinson wouldn't even start in 2014, that isn't panic worthy. Cassell jr could. Would love a commit from robinson but it's not like he's some super polished stud. To me he just looks like a tweener, haven't seen rudy like driving ability in any clips.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We have DHam, Rodney, Omar, potentially Deandre still and Leon still to mix and match. While I certainly would love for Devin to choose UConn I doubt there is any need whatsoever to panic if he goes elsewhere!

Sam Jr is fairly significant at this point........

Sam Jr has a very good game. I wonder why he's so lowly rated by all these so called "experts."

Reaction Score
Devin robinson wouldn't even start in 2014, that isn't panic worthy. Cassell jr could. Would love a commit from robinson but it's not like he's some super polished stud. To me he just looks like a tweener, haven't seen rudy like driving ability in any clips.

Really? He looks much better than that to me. I'd say #20 recruit in the country is right.

Reaction Score

It doesn't seem to affect Bazz from being one of the best guards in the country as well ....

Reaction Score

I was just about to post this. I just went looking for all the clips I could on him and I agree with the analysts. He doesn't appear to have explosion or be a crazy athlete. But at 6'3 he has good size for a pg. He plays under control (which will be a nice contrast to boat if he is still around) he is savvy and seems to have a high bball IQ......I'm sure his quickness and explosion will improve with D1 training. I think he is important for us to get to add depth especially if boat leaves. Purv and Samuel are there but it would be nice to have a steady player like Cassell Jr. to back them up.

As for D Rob. Major luxury...I can't even imagine how downright nasty we would be with him. But we have won NC's with teams that have a roster similar to the one w/o him on it. If we could lock up those two though, I'm thinking 4 in 15 is about right......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom