Is Ollie saving his inbounds plays for Tourney Games? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Ollie saving his inbounds plays for Tourney Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For years we have had the ball stolen on in bounds plays especially at the end of games. If we get it in bounds and keep possession, it's a victory.

The more I read this thread the more depressed I get.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
During the Tulsa game when JC was on the sidelines they asked him what he thought about the game today and he mentioned "teams don't go after each other anymore"

The way I interpret this is there is a sliding scale on how aggressively to play offense and subsequently leave your defense out of position. Its the equivalent to a soccer team who holds their shape and tries to selectively counter instead of opening up the game and playing up and down the field.

We show evidence of playing a conservative offense to protect our defense alot: 1) We never play 2 for 1. Never. 2) When we have 2-3 possession lead we take the air out of the ball throw it up and get back. 3) we're very conservative on inbounds plays (I assume to minimize live ball tournovers). We play at a very slow pace. These are all principals of not overextending ourselves and giving up easy baskets as a result. Its predicated on an assumption that the defense is advantaged in the half court in the college game because the players are athletes first and shooters second. Its the nature of the game today.

It also makes it exponentially more infuriating when we miss a layup and it leads to a transition layup or three. Which happens 1-2 times a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom