Is Ollie saving his inbounds plays for Tourney Games? | The Boneyard

Is Ollie saving his inbounds plays for Tourney Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I means seriously - it seems we don't run anything. All we ever do is lob the ball in to a big man. Maybe he is going to pull them out of the bag for the AAC tourney
I said that to my buddy a couple of times today. Most memorably on the possession after Hamilton got torched on a great inbounds play by Cincy under their hoop. We inbounded from under our hoop on the following possession and everyone stood around staring at each other. We honestly don't seem to run any inbounds plays other than the lob to someone.

Reaction Score
At this point I'm just wondering whether JA's aggressive drives to the basket are by design or if he just has his finger on the pulse of this team moreso than KO and just has a F it mentality.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I means seriously - it seems we don't run anything. All we ever do is lob the ball in to a big man. Maybe he is going to pull them out of the bag for the AAC tourney

Hmm, that's interesting. Kind of like when I was a kid, whenever I'd eat Dunkaroos (remember those? I loved those), I would only use a tiny bit of the creme on each cookie, then when I'd get to the last one, I'd use all the creme I had saved up and just smother that last cookie and gorge on it. Maybe Ollie's saving all his creme up for the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
Hmm, that's interesting. Kind of like when I was a kid, whenever I'd eat Dunkaroos (remember those? I loved those), I would only use a tiny bit of the creme on each cookie, then when I'd get to the last one, I'd use all the creme I had saved up and just smother that last cookie and gorge on it. Maybe Ollie's saving all his creme up for the NCAAs.

I don't want Ollie's cream to be backed up.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Mmmm dunkaroos.

Reaction Score
I said that to my buddy a couple of times today. Most memorably on the possession after Hamilton got torched on a great inbounds play by Cincy under their hoop. We inbounded from under our hoop on the following possession and everyone stood around staring at each other. We honestly don't seem to run any inbounds plays other than the lob to someone.

After that same inbounds play by Cincy, I realized that other teams run a play to score a basket, and then if that doesn't play out, get the ball inbounds. We don't run inbound plays; all we do on our inbound "plays" is try to get the ball from out of bounds to inbounds,

Reaction Score
This is spot on. We don't seem to run anything on offense. This could be why we seem to get burned on inbound plays. They never see them in practice.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The contrast of those two plays only a few minutes apart was glaring. A definite difference of how the staff's on each team use their practice time.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
99% of these geniuses who spend their time creating inbound plays have never won a national championship.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
99% of these geniuses who spend their time creating inbound plays have never won a national championship.
So KO has already peaked as a coach? Nothing left to accomplish?

Reaction Score

THIS!

Reaction Score

Do you not see the lack of offensive sets? It seems that every game we havemore fouls, yet he sits there. Do you really believe KO and the staff are effective this year?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is spot on. We don't seem to run anything on offense. This could be why we seem to get burned on inbound plays. They never see them in practice.
What time are you heading over to practice today?

Reaction Score
What time are you heading over to practice today?

I have had the opportunity to attend a practice, but not this year. You may have missed my sarcasm which was they they can't defend an inbounds because they don't run them in practice, therefore they never get to practice defending them.

Please let me know what offense sets we run besides the high-low which results in Amida or Miller with the ball, 40 feet from the hoop. Please explain to me so I can learn.

EDIT: My bad, I forgot the weave.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
One of the great basketball jokes of all times was this:
Who was the only guy to hold Michael Jordan to under 20 points a game?
Dean Smith.

Dean Smith scripted the spontaneity out of Jordan's game. No one knew how good Jordan really was.

Ollie has no intention of being the next Dean Smith.

Ollie wants his players to create and take advantage of in game situations.
Unfortunately, with Gibbs, Hamilton and Purvis doing most of the ball handling his offense is handicapped. Jalen is still a freshman.
Sure, JC ran lots of plays. At the end of the play there was a Ray, Rip or Ben waiting to finish. Ollie has a Gibbs, DHam and Purvis. Enough said.

When Ollie brings in the new creative ball handling point guard next year to play along side Jalen, fans will see the beauty in letting players create. And not scripting their movements.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The coaching staff is entirely capable and no doubt they have attempted to implement effective plays both on offense and in in-bounds situations. However, no one on this team sets a good screen and no one makes a hard cut. This is what makes the plays ineffective.
KO is an awesome coach, who full deserves our support.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think we've been running decent offensive sets more recently, although there are always stretches when we still do stand around

However, we never get a bunny when in-bounding, we never get a bunny out of a timeout, that's just not part of our arsenal

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I've been watching Uconn basketball for 15 years now.

I have yet to see an inbounds play.
Are you blind? JC was amazing at coming up with inbounds plays

Reaction Score
For years we have had the ball stolen on in bounds plays especially at the end of games. If we get it in bounds and keep possession, it's a victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom