Is no one watching Duke - UNC??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is no one watching Duke - UNC???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This game was close. But it was abysmal. Unless, of course, you like tie-ups, lots of rebounding, poor passing, and unimaginative offenses.

These two coaches...I just dont' know. It seemed like the only benefit of the team timeouts was to give the teams a rest. Nothing changed.
It wouild have benn interesting to have the coaches wired. Although, it would probably be embarrassing.

If the two rosters met in a gym without the coaching staffs, it would be a better game. The girls would call better plays and probably change defenses once in a while. They were probably better players in high school than they are playing years for these two.

At least the players get a degree.
Haha. We are SOOO spoiled. I didn't get to watch the UCONN game today. Watching it now - it's 31-2. What?? 31-2??? Announcer is saying, "The score is indicative of what's going on here." Okay....

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Re: UConn / Cincy

Haha. Announcer is saying, "The score is indicative of what's going on here." Okay....

I thought she said that it wasn't indicative. Oh well. The Huskies were really quite organized and efficient. It's easy to play down to an opponent.

I thought Duke and UNC played with energy, but with rather little focus and discipline.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Sylvia Hatchell is one of a few WBB coaches that are just hanging on and will end up with over 1000 wins. If UNC was smart, they would hire a coach that could actually coach and UNC with their talent could be competing for F4's and National Championships. Instead they're satisfied with Sweet 16's and Elite 8 occasionally. UNC should have won yesterday's game.

I put Andy Landers in the same category, except they don't get to Elite 8's. Just think of all the Talent that has come out of Georgia since Maya graduated HS. The one common denominator to all of these Highly Ranked & Talented players is that they don't choose Georgia as their school of choice. If Top Rated Georgia HS players aren't choosing Georgia, that should tell the Georgia AD that his program will no longer compete for National Championships. He gets his 20+ wins a season by scheduling a weak OOC Schedule and wins 50-60% of their conference play. When was Georgia seriously considered a threat to take the SEC Regular Season Title. Yet, the State of Georgia annually produces some great WBB HS players

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sylvia Hatchell is one of a few WBB coaches that are just hanging on and will end up with over 1000 wins. If UNC was smart, they would hire a coach that could actually coach and UNC with their talent could be competing for F4's and National Championships. Instead they're satisfied with Sweet 16's and Elite 8 occasionally. UNC should have won yesterday's game.

I put Andy Landers in the same category, except they don't get to Elite 8's
. Just think of all the Talent that has come out of Georgia since Maya graduated HS. The one common denominator to all of these Highly Ranked & Talented players is that they don't choose Georgia as their school of choice. If Top Rated Georgia HS players aren't choosing Georgia, that should tell the Georgia AD that his program will no longer compete for National Championships. He gets his 20+ wins a season by scheduling a weak OOC Schedule and wins 50-60% of their conference play. When was Georgia seriously considered a threat to take the SEC Regular Season Title. Yet, the State of Georgia annually produces some great WBB HS players

Except for 2013....... when they blew a spot in the Final 4 by losing a late lead to Cal

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
What happens when a team with no posts plays a team with no guards? Find out this afternoon! It's the ACC on ESPN2! :p

Not a vintage year for either Carolina club but I actually find them oddly compelling to watch.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Georgia last made the F4 in 1995 and won the SEC Conference Title in 1996. Yes he gets to his teams to the tournament based on his weak OOC schedule and playing in the SEC. IMHO this should not be acceptable at a school like Georgia with the WBB tradition. While I don't expect his to have Geno type numbers, there's enough talent produced in the State of Georgia that they should be in a F4 at least once every 4 years or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Lady_Bulldogs_basketball

Except for 2013.. when they blew a spot in the Final 4 by losing a late lead to Cal

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Georgia last made the F4 in 1995 and won the SEC Conference Title in 1996. Yes he gets to his teams to the tournament based on his weak OOC schedule and playing in the SEC. IMHO this should not be acceptable at a school like Georgia with the WBB tradition. While I don't expect his to have Geno type numbers, there's enough talent produced in the State of Georgia that they should be in a F4 at least once every 4 years or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Lady_Bulldogs_basketball

Actually they made the final 4 in 1999. Duke beat them to advance to the championship game. As i stated before.... they lost a late lead in the 2013 regional final.... it may have been a double digit lead midway through the second half. They knocked off #1 Seed Stanford in the Sweet 16 that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom