Is ND to B12 for non-football sports possible? | The Boneyard

Is ND to B12 for non-football sports possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone think that ND would go to the B12 for non-football sports? The possibility seems low to me, but if football independence is that important, maybe they would consider it. If Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, and WVU leave the BE, which seems likely, I also find it hard to believe that ND would stay in the BE. Every conference would take ND for all sports, so the next few months will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Given that the possibility has been reported widely, I'd guess it's possible

Reaction Score
I think the ACC would step in and offer a similar deal to ND as the Big 12. Why? If ND moved non-football sports to the Big 12, they would probably have to play a number of Big 12 teams in football which would mean dropping a number of future games against ACC opponents. ND is the top game for BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Miami, ..., so I think there might be enough votes to make it happen.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No. The Big XII doesn't even play soccer, which is important to ND.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I imagine that if the ACC were willing to do this ND would already be a member of the ACC. I also believe that if the B-12 was sincere about this there would be far more than a few blurbs from Orangebnlood running around the internet on this.

This is a rumor with some purpose. Texas may well be using this to prevent the B-12 from expanding to twelve. ND may be using this to try to get the ACC to accept them without football. I don't know what the exact purpose of this rumor is but the abnove could very well be what is behind it.

Just as I wasn't about to believe that the BE was going to land the huge contract that Marinatto was boasting about until I saw it, I am not about to believe that other BCS conferences will be willing to make the same concession to ND that the BE did until I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom