Is Mcentee Really The Best We've Got? | The Boneyard

Is Mcentee Really The Best We've Got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen them in practice, but I really find it hard to believe.

Makes you wonder how many takes that stupid trick shot video must haven taken to shoot...

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder how many takes that stupid trick shot video must haven taken to shoot...
I believe it was over the course of multiple DAYS = Hundreds of takes.

Reaction Score
I just don't get it. Nebrich's redshirt is already burned. McEntee is obviously not the future. We are not going to win the Big East or make a bowl this year. Why not see if Nebrich is our future starter? There really isn't one logical reason not to play Nebrich at this point - except pure, unabashed stubornness on the part of Pasquoloni.

Reaction Score
Please let the Nebrich Era begin - our offensive numbers this yr are horrendous - it cant get any worse

Reaction Score
The kid's got an arm - that much is obvious -- and he's accurate when he has plenty of time. So I'd say on those two counts McEntee is the best we've got. Unfortunately, he's got zero pocket presence, locks onto a single receiver, and makes throws he shouldn't when there's any whiff of pressure.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think the coaches deliberately want to aggravate fans and do everything they can to get a loss.

If the coaches are playing one player as opposed to another then either my proposal is accurate or Nebrich is less effective than McEntee, or he is being disciplined.

It is frustrating to see ineffectiveness. But at some point in time we are better served knowing we have a losing hand.

The big test of the coaching staff will be when they have their class in place for 3 or 4 years. Then there are no excuses.

Reaction Score
I think UConn coaches are looking to get the first pick in the draft. They are so old they forgot that only happens in the NFL.

Reaction Score
We should be up like 21-14 but instead 14-7, b/c of stupid play by JMac! This guy lost multiple games for the Huskies, that I can't see how his teammates would have any confidence in him. A QB change would spark the offense, the team. The coaches has to realize that the Mac experient must come to an end and soon.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that coaches sometimes make the wrong decisions in terms of PT.

If Mo Lewis doesn't nearly kill Bledsoe, Brady may never get his shot, the Pats run never happens and Belicheck is another loser coach.

Reaction Score
The big test of the coaching staff will be when they have their class in place for 3 or 4 years. Then there are no excuses.

If this team plays this way next year, I highly doubt that this staff makes it 3-4 years. This team hasn't gotten any better and it appears that they are losing the support of both the players and the fans.

Reaction Score
Oh no! Way to go Coach P - keep doing the same thing over and over and hope for a different result.

Reaction Score
If this team plays this way next year, I highly doubt that this staff makes it 3-4 years. This team hasn't gotten any better and it appears that they are losing the support of both the players and the fans.

More than you know.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Probably not. But that is a major problem in college sports. A new coach is given players who they can not trade. Fans don't consider this.

People were frustrated with RE because he was very conservative. They want to see an upgrade of plays and playing. How can this be accomplished with players recruited and coached by a player who preferred conservative playmaking.

Player frustration can be the result of the coaches being inadequate. Or frustration can be because these are athletes are unable to handle the skills the coaching staff requires, but were able to handle the requests of the previous coach.

Reaction Score
Well, we got Nick Williams back to his old self at least. Let's hope Mac doesn't lose this game for us. Lets hope for the best

Reaction Score
"Probably not. But that is a major problem in college sports. A new coach is given players who they can not trade. Fans don't consider this."

As a coach you're responsible for getting the most out of your players, not the players making the most out of your system. I realize coach PP can better find players to fit his system given time, but if the players he has doesn't fit his system, he must modify his system to fit the players, to win!

Reaction Score
[quote/]I realize coach PP can better find players to fit his system given time, but if the players he has doesn't fit his system, he must modify his system to fit the players, to win![/quote]

Bingo. In the real world where the rest of us live, leaders can't always just "trade" for the best salesman, operators, mechanics, etc either. We try to bring in the best people we can, but then you adapt to the personnel you have. Would all of our jobs be easier if we could bring in "our guys" from day 1, of course, but the world isn't that easy.

Reaction Score
PP and company seem to have tried to change too much to fast. IMO the first year needs to be a transition and not a massive change which it appears the coaches are trying to do.

The defense should not be this bad period. We lost 2 LB's and the rest of the defense was back. Too many changes in schemes for the defense to digest.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
"Probably not. But that is a major problem in college sports. A new coach is given players who they can not trade. Fans don't consider this."

As a coach you're responsible for getting the most out of your players, not the players making the most out of your system. I realize coach PP can better find players to fit his system given time, but if the players he has doesn't fit his system, he must modify his system to fit the players, to win!
This argument has merit. But then you are stuck with mediocrity for an extra season. The value of pushing the kids this season is to develop the players to a desired system. As the better recruits, or the recruits tailored to the desired system of the coaches, enter into the system, the prior players have gone past the learning curve and the coaches can remove the players who can't make adjustments and replace them with those who can.

If the coaches do as you suggest, they lose a season of development and evaluation.

Reaction Score
"If the coaches do as you suggest, they lose a season of development and evaluation. "

good point and I agree. coaches should develop for the futue as well as try to win. However how does having a JMac, who is clearly not the future, nor the best athlete at the position support either argument (win now and/or develop for the future)? JMac is a pro-style QB that coach PP obvious wants in his system. I can see that definitely. Given the time and protection he can certainly make all the throws. But under pressure he KILLS his team, over and over again. And at this level of play he will have to play under pressure.

Given that I clearly support the point the of this thread, "Is JMac really the 'best' we've got right now?"

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
McCummings is a mess in the pocket. I wouldn't trust him right now to hold the reins.

Reaction Score
McCummings was pretty right there and a few of our other scoring drives today. Just think... him or Nebrich (whom I prefer over Mac any day), had the same number of reps in practice and real games, how much better they would be? Thus far I'd say McCumming's despite a few bonehead plays, has played a pretty good game..

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
McCummings was pretty right there and a few of our other scoring drives today. Just think... him or Nebrich (whom I prefer over Mac any day), had the same number of reps in practice and real games, how much better they would be? Thus far I'd say McCumming's despite a few bonehead plays, has played a pretty good game..

I agree that he's played well, but has fumbled 3 times. That is inexcusable. I don't care how good a QB is, he can't do that. Even Drew Brees is mediocre when he turns it over.

Reaction Score
I agree that he's played well, but has fumbled 3 times. That is inexcusable. I don't care how good a QB is, he can't do that. Even Drew Brees is mediocre when he turns it over.

I agree with you. You can't turn the ball over like that. Experience should help him though, or Nebrich for that matter. I just hope Mac is done after this game as the feature QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom