Is Lou a definite "go" for the playoffs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Lou a definite "go" for the playoffs?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Hmmmm.......... only 25 posts in the thread and already three separate hijacks - social media allowed, taxes, creepy picture - must be close to a record.

Nevertheless, having nothing to add to the actual topic, other than that after two plus weeks with close attention from trainers and medical personnel I would expect a 21 year old to be doing well, I’ll chime in on the detoured ones.

They can do Facebook and Instagram, just no twitter during the season. Recent interview suggested Geno is kind of in the dark about Instagram.

My taxes are up slightly as well but still not bad, losing some deductions especially the excessive Connecticut state and local taxes, doing the standard deduction now. I’m still happy with the tax changes though, as most people do benefit and it has really helped the economy. I never understood from a policy perspective why someone should be able to deduct state/local taxes in arriving at Federal taxable income anyhow. Why should two people from different states with the same income pay different amounts of Federal tax just because they pay different levels of state/local taxes? (I know they are still deductible up to $10K, but for many like me the standard deduction is better.) I suppose you could say that about a lot of deductions, though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmmmm..... only 25 posts in the thread and already three separate hijacks - social media allowed, taxes, creepy picture - must be close to a record.

Maybe that's why there were only 25 posts in this thread. It usually bugs me when it happens.

Go Lou!!!!!

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
OK, got to get this off my chest (and my UConn-grad wife off my back). WHY oh why was Lou's mother absent from her darlin' daughter's Senior Night. Dear wife, a rabid (if sometimes uninformed) UConn ladies fan, is also Italian, which means that parents MUST attend any and ALL events featuring their children, their childrens' children. And if we last that long, all of our childrens' childrens' children. How could Lou's mom possibly miss that important event? Please, someone discover (or invent) a plausible reason so I can get some well deserved peace.

Reaction Score
There hasn't been anything I've read that specifically addresses it - I imagine there won't be any kind of announcement until after the brackets are revealed. At some point someone in the horde will probably ask about it and will get a specific answer... "yes, she's been practicing, she's 100%, etc etc"...
If she isn't OK'ed to go; I pity Geno and CD. KLS will be nibbling away at their ears to be allowed to play. KLS isn't a sitting type of player--if there is a game, she wants to be in it. Did you see how much she was part of the last 2 game, chewing away at pre and time out huddles..

Reaction Score
I would like to see her play. But, hopefully Geno can limit her time in the first two games.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure they said it was only twitter they couldn’t use.
I don't understand the difference, Twitter and all other social sites are just about the same... CD isnt hip to the game I guess!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Returning to the subject, Kelli Stacy reported in this morning's Courant that, according to Geno, KLS is "shooting at 95% while at 75% mobility." Less than 100%, in other words, but apparently she will play.

Reaction Score
Why take the chance? Sit her another game. I think the team needs her mobility more than her shooting, because when you are not mobile, you tend to foul.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why take the chance? Sit her another game. I think the team needs her mobility more than her shooting, because when you are not mobile, you tend to foul.
She needs the court time.

Reaction Score
She needs the court time.
Completely agree. She needs to knock the rust off... get on the floor, run, hit some shots, grab some rebounds, be part of building a big lead and take a break. maybe 25 minutes on the floor for the first game back.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the difference, Twitter and all other social sites are just about the same... CD isnt hip to the game I guess!
Twitter is more public while Instagram and Facebook are more private if you choose to be with your profile. It’s much easier to be trolled on Twitter.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Twitter is more public while Instagram and Facebook are more private if you choose to be with your profile. It’s much easier to be trolled on Twitter.
I kind of agree... but you can also make all of them "private" or public

Reaction Score
Geno comment in today's New Haven Register about sitting Lou: “We can’t afford to sit anybody for any game. We’re not sitting anybody for any game in the NCAA Tournament. I’m calling up some of my former players and asking them if they’re available. I may even get Megan (Culmo, SNY’s color analyst) in the game."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom