Is KML Giving Away UConn's Secret? | The Boneyard

Is KML Giving Away UConn's Secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mosqueda-Lewis: How UConn Flips the Switch Every March
March 21, 2016

As her UConn Huskies aim for an unprecedented fourth straight title, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis is finishing up her first year of pro basketball in France following her rookie season with the Seattle Storm.

KML_3.png

Mosqueda-Lewis knows the feeling of striving for a repeat title well. She was the Huskies’ sharpshooter during their first three championship runs, leaving the school as the NCAA’s all-time leader in career three-pointers.

By Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, as told to WNBA.com

Read it [HERE]

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
March 21, 2016

As her UConn Huskies aim for an unprecedented fourth straight title, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis is finishing up her first year of pro basketball in France following her rookie season with the Seattle Storm.

Mosqueda-Lewis knows the feeling of striving for a repeat title well. She was the Huskies’ sharpshooter during their first three championship runs, leaving the school as the NCAA’s all-time leader in career three-pointers.

Read it [HERE]

I so miss that smile.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
One of my favorites, along with Renee, Tina, KG and Gabby... Naphessa may join the list next year, oh yeah, Tuck is a smooth operator

Reaction Score
I so miss that smile.
I so miss her getting poked in the eye then coming down court and knocking down a 25 footer on the next play like it's nothing. The best thing about watching the big games of the past few years was watching Kaleena drain 3s and how it took the wind out of the sails of the opposition.

Reaction Score
One of my favorites, along with Renee, Tina, KG and Gabby... Naphessa may join the list next year, oh yeah, Tuck is a smooth operator
In a few weeks Gabby will be my favorite too!!!

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
March 21, 2016

Read it [HERE]

Kaleena looks great in that Seattle uniform. And I have a strange feeling that in a few weeks she's going to have a new teammate with the most famous "wing span" in women's basketball history.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Watching them play has been hard, too, since I’m only one year removed and I’m close with all the girls. You just miss it. You miss being a part of that atmosphere, especially when the NCAA tournament comes around.

#family

Reaction Score
No one could kill a run with a single shot like KML. Ice at exactly the right moment.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Beautiful young woman, beautiful shot, beautiful teammate. Now lets go get that pro body and make beautiful pro music.

Reaction Score
Favorite KML moment was during the South Carolina game at Gampel last year. 2nd half. Mosqueda-Lewis squares to launch a 3. Tiffany Mitchell grabs her right arm. Kaleena shakes her off - and onto the floor- and drains the shot. Crowd goes nuts.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Favorite KML moment was during the South Carolina game at Gampel last year. 2nd half. Mosqueda-Lewis squares to launch a 3. Tiffany Mitchell grabs her right arm. Kaleena shakes her off - and onto the floor- and drains the shot. Crowd goes nuts.
Thanks for igniting that memory.
I can close my eyes and see it still.
Sweet.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
So the UConn secret is the coaching? I'm astounded. I hope the other teams don't read that article.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
The Jewell Loyd one was good, also:

http://www.wnba.com/news/jewell-loyd-notre-dame-ncaa-tournament-blog/

But as well as Notre Dame is playing, they have some big hurdles to clear. The biggest one is a hurdle I never cleared during my three years: UConn. That team is trained like professionals. They leave their egos and concerns and off-the-court problems off the court, so when they come on the court, it’s all about business. It’s a culture they’ve built since even before my Storm teammate, Sue Bird, was there. They’ve done it since the moment they won their first national championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom