Is Kia Nurse not one of the best freshmen in the nation? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Kia Nurse not one of the best freshmen in the nation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh, and Kia is a lot of fun to watch. I wonder if she ever played hockey in the Great White North, because she displays some crossover skills on the court.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Kia is as flashy as others or has the best upside, but I think she's probably the most mature and composed frosh in the nation. Frankly, there's no one I'd rather have, A'ja Wilson or Asia Durr included.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
top freshmen would clearly include Kia Nurse, but also Aja Wilson and Brianna Turner. Must be some others. Stanford's Kaylee Johnson had 22 rebounds in a game already this season but hasn't got to scoring the way some of the others have -- YET.

I think this last has to include 2 freshman at Louisville , Mariya Moore and Myisha Hines- Allen.

Reaction Score
There is a lot of upside to Kia, although she has a shorter road to travel than most freshman. She's composed, takes command of the offense, aggressive on both ends of the floor, is a tenacious driver, tough on the ball defender, notice how Jewell Loyd cooled off when Kia started to guard her, and is consistent on a game-by-game basis.

Reaction Score
Kia just happened to be the player Geno needed, she fits well into the system, and by the end of the year she, and Moriah will be a well oiled machine. To me she has a lot of Bria in her, just happens to also be 6 ft tall, and doesn't mind taking a hit. The one thing she needs to work on, is when running into a screen, you need to do the Notre Dame flop as if you've been injured. Kia has a bad habit, of almost knocking the person who sets the screen to the floor.

Reaction Score
Kia just happened to be the player Geno needed, she fits well into the system, and by the end of the year she, and Moriah will be a well oiled machine. To me she has a lot of Bria in her, just happens to also be 6 ft tall, and doesn't mind taking a hit. The one thing she needs to work on, is when running into a screen, you need to do the Notre Dame flop as if you've been injured. Kia has a bad habit, of almost knocking the person who sets the screen to the floor.
Kia is quite good at doing the flop. She's going to win an academy award before this season is over from what I've seen so far.

There is a lot of upside to Kia, although she has a shorter road to travel than most freshman. She's composed, takes command of the offense, aggressive on both ends of the floor, is a tenacious driver, tough on the ball defender, notice how Jewell Loyd cooled off when Kia started to guard her, and is consistent on a game-by-game basis.
You figure once you've taken 20 shots you're gonna get a little tired and start to go cold, and she took a lot more than 20 shots. I figured whether they changed the defensive assignment or not, she was not going to keep up her 15 points in 8 minutes pace for the entire game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Ha. No. Or tuck her jersey into her bra.

We really are spoiled at UConn with how our team plays and comports themselves. :)

That's what I was going for, hence the smiley!

I've never equated Doris Burke to a smiley face. Plus, her face can't form a smile...or any other facial expression that can be prevented by Botox.

Reaction Score
I've been on the Nurse bandwagon from the get-go. She has 'it'. Poise, toughness, bbIQ, and belief in herself and her team. Go to the replays and watch away from the ball. Watch what she does and how she comports (don't ya just love that) herself.
The production will improve, but she inherently has the stuff that separates good from great.

One note on DS: phhffttt! Good luck to anyone who chooses to play for a coach who is bigger than the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
BaggerBob hit the nail on the head. After Bria's departure, Kia was exactly who we needed. After Kiah's upcoming departure, Natalie was exactly who we needed. After Tina's departure, Stef was who we needed. After Maya's departure, Kaleena was who we needed. After Kaleena's departure, Lou is exactly who we need. Amazing how this works when Geno and CD are involved. :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder if A'Ja would be allowed to roll her shorts up at Uconn.
[begin old man rant] Man do I hate that rolled up shorts thing. Just buy shorter shorts for the kids. Nothing looks more bush league than a big bulge of rolled shorts. Why in my day... [end old man rant]

..but I really do hate it.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Speaking of the Notre Dame flop- the MVF'r, most valuable flopper, Mabrey--- I slow motioned the foul call on Tuck posting up near the elbow. For those of you who have the game on DVR- there is one angle that when slow mo'ed, she actually starts the dramatic contortion of her body accenting the contact that has not yet occurred, a full step before contact occurred. Kim Mulkey's daughter was the only other player in Mabrey's category- they must both be theater majors!!! :) :) :)

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Freshman to a senior Kia is one of the best guards in the country already. Were would UConn be without her??
And we got on the recruiting band wagon very late I guess- almost too late??? We wouldn't be close to the team we are already. Sadie would still be a husky I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom