Is it true JC can't participate in any Basketball Activities until after the SHU game? | The Boneyard

Is it true JC can't participate in any Basketball Activities until after the SHU game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's what Kara Lawson said. I was at the game, so I didn't hear this comment until I watched part of the game which I had recorded.

I knew he couldn't coach on the sidelines for the first 3 BE games, but I didn't think he couldn't coach the team over the next couple weeks as well.

My first inclination would have been to doubt what Lawson said, but after being right about AD paying his own way, breaking that story...don't know how the Horde didn't get that news out beforehand, but maybe that news broke the day of the game that Lawson did.

I remember another coach that had been suspended, though it might have been imposed by his conference, where I think he sat out his conference games, was back on the side lines for an OOC game but then had to sit out another conference game or two after that. It might have been Bruce Pearl in that instant.

If this is true, it's not just a 3 gamed suspension, but more a 10 day suspension. Sorry if this has been discussed on the Yard. Other than Lawson is there any corroborating report on what she said? Or was this known for a while and I simply misunderstood the nature of the penalty?

Reaction Score
The guidelines that University of Connecticut basketball coach Jim Calhoun will follow during his three-game suspension of the Huskies’ first three Big East Conference games have been clarified by the NCAA.

Calhoun will coach the No. 8 Huskies (9-1) tonight against Fairfield at the XL Center, after which the players will have time off for a Christmas break. Calhoun is allowed to coach practices through Christmas night, as the Huskies prepare for Wednesday’s Big East Conference opener against South Florida.

Calhoun will not join the team on the trip to Tampa and will not be allowed to have any contact at all with the team, including practices, through the Dec. 31 home game against St. John’s and the Jan. 3 game at Seton Hall.

C

Chief00

Love Calhoun, but he was in such an angry mood last night the refs should have tossed him. He must be really pissed about the NCAA stuff. Also, I agree with the poster who couldn't understand why he pulled Alex after a nice block - given that he wasn't in the game long. Alex is on a different talent level than AD, but in Big East play I keep saying we will need his body. Quite frankly he has been also a positive influence on UConn recruiting and now that the Calhoun/Alex relationship is clearly strained - that's not going to help with the Tilton crew.

Reaction Score
The guidelines that University of Connecticut basketball coach Jim Calhoun will follow during his three-game suspension of the Huskies’ first three Big East Conference games have been clarified by the NCAA.

Calhoun will coach the No. 8 Huskies (9-1) tonight against Fairfield at the XL Center, after which the players will have time off for a Christmas break. Calhoun is allowed to coach practices through Christmas night, as the Huskies prepare for Wednesday’s Big East Conference opener against South Florida.

Calhoun will not join the team on the trip to Tampa and will not be allowed to have any contact at all with the team, including practices, through the Dec. 31 home game against St. John’s and the Jan. 3 game at Seton Hall.
And I believe the team has a Christmas day practice ....

Reaction Score
And I believe the team has a Christmas day practice ....
Yes, they are practicing Christmas night. That's JC's last practice with the team until after the Jan. 3 games against Seton Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom