Is it that some schools don't care about women's BB ? warning NASTY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is it that some schools don't care about women's BB ? warning NASTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I posted this in the Andy Landers thread but it also works here! I don't believe Balcomb deserves to join this group!
Andy Landers joins some famous coaches that are good recruiters but lousy game coaches! He still gets some good athletes but can't coach his way out of a paper bag! Others, Sylvia Hatchell, Jim Foster, Gail Goestenkors, Brenda Friese, C. Vivian Stringer, Holly Warlick is quickly joining this group, Nell Fortner, all have great name recognition but no talent with the x's & o's to back it up!
J. P. McCallie might be joining the above group!
Friese won a nat'l title with Jeff Walz on her staff! Hatchell won her title with Sylvia Crawley hitting a 3 vs GA with one sec. on the clock!
I am not sure why Warlick belongs amongst these other coaches. This is only her second year and she has them as a 1 seed and hopefully they get a chance to play N.D. in the FF. She has some tremendous size shoes to fill, as Geno's replacement will have, but at least give her time to establish her success or failure.

4 TO GO

Reaction Score
Both might well have more National Championships if UConn didn't happen to be in most of the final fours over the past 15 years.
So Geno is to blame? :)

49 TO GO

Reaction Score
reno tony- - All you have to do is watch Holly on the sidelines & her team running around like a fire-drill to realize that Lady Vols BB no longer exists! It ended when Pat Summitt got sick! It makes no sense for a talented WBB player to choose TN anymore! Not with Coaching at Stanford, ND, UCONN, PSU, SoCar., L'ville, Tx AM, OKLA, KY, TheOhioSt., et al!

Reaction Score
KnightBridgeAZ- - JEWELL OF THE EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CVS is WAY overrated!
Vivian has taken 3 programs to the Final Four and was the first coach - women or men to do so. Pitino and Calipari have now done it on the mens side. She is not overrated. Many of y'all just hate her. Geno and Pat have dominated the National Championships for years. I agree with the poster who said if they weren't around, there would be more coaches with the title.

Reaction Score
ScarlettB- - The first 2 times to FF were when there wasn't this much parity or good teams around! Who cares if she was the 1st female/male coach to take 3 teams to the FF! She has NO titles and will never get a title! Jim Foster has taken 4 teams to the NCAA Tournament and he's in the same group of over-rated coaches! Check her track record of recruiting good players and their not improving in 4 years at THE RAC! She came into the Big East with all this bravado and cockiness and failed to produce more than 1 tournament and 1 regular season champion in her 10+ years at Rutgers! She joins the horde of coaches I mentioned above, great recruiters LOUSY game coaches! She is over-rated! She does coach great trash talking and dirty play though, I have to admit!
That's a stupid statement, "If Geno & Pat weren't around there would be more coaches with the title!" THEY WERE/ARE AROUND and showed the WCBB world how to build winning teams over many years!
You're dueling with an empty gun if you're trying to make CVS out to be more than a mediocre coach! I can't believe with CVS contract up, Rutgers leaving for the BIG 10 and her comments in Oct. that the other coaches at Rutgers should come to her practices and games and learn how to coach so they're teams wouldn't stink! (paraphrasing her quote!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01