Is It That Simple? "I want to be legendary." | The Boneyard

Is It That Simple? "I want to be legendary."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
All those epistles by TonyC and his apostles? You know, if you want to be great there is only one place to go. Well, that is what I heard from Christyn today. The legends of the game to her came out of UConn (as legends) and that is her goal. And, OBTW, it's a homey place that turns out legends.

Reaction Score
All those epistles by TonyC and his apostles? You know, if you want to be great there is only one place to go. Well, that is what I heard from Christyn today. The legends of the game to her came out of UConn (as legends) and that is her goal. And, OBTW, it's a homey place that turns out legends.

Although I thought I hear she said something along the line "winning championship is nice but my goal is to be legendary" (not an exact quote). That's more like something D.Deshields would have said and the BY would have been all over her for it :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Although I thought I hear she said something along the line "winning championship is nice but my goal is to be legendary" (not an exact quote). That's more like something D.Deshields would have said and the BY would have been all over her for it :)
I thought that Christyn stressed the individual accomplishments over team goals in her event today, but Geno is comfortable with her, so I'm not worried. Coach has noted the need to be selfish (improve as a player) and unselfish (play with team goals) at the same time. I'm confident that Christyn will fit into the culture. A year ago, I was a little concerned that Meg was too focused on herself, but there have been no signs of that at all since she arrived on campus. She seems to be a great teammate and very hard worker. The point is that Christyn (or anyone) will become legendary by BOTH winning lots of games and championships and becoming a superlative player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Actually, according to the ESPNW interview,

No. 1 prospect Christyn Williams signs with Connecticut Huskies

the word legendary did not come from her, Geno had put it in her head.

"He said I had the potential to be legendary," Williams said. "Obviously, Coach A knows what he's doing. Look at everything they've done. I want to be a part of it, too. I want to be legendary one day."

Very cool that she took it to heart and saw herself that way.:cool::cool::cool:

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Actually, according to the ESPNW interview,

No. 1 prospect Christyn Williams signs with Connecticut Huskies

the word legendary did not come from her, Geno had put it in her head.

"He said I had the potential to be legendary," Williams said. "Obviously, Coach A knows what he's doing. Look at everything they've done. I want to be a part of it, too. I want to be legendary one day."

Very cool that she took it to heart and saw herself that way.:cool::cool::cool:

Facts are a wonderful thing.:D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"On an interview with ESPN, she said "I want to be legendary." Top prospect Christyn Williams commits to UConn

She said it and there is nothing wrong with it, whether Geno put it in her ear or it was already there.

But what few people knew about Williams is that Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma won her over basically at "hello." Their first conversation, when she was a freshman in 2015, changed everything.

i

Courtesy USA Basketball
No. 1 prospect Christyn Williams has already shown the ability to take over games at the high school and international level.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
"On an interview with ESPN, she said "I want to be legendary." Top prospect Christyn Williams commits to UConn

She said it and there is nothing wrong with it, whether Geno put it in her ear or it was already there.

But what few people knew about Williams is that Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma won her over basically at "hello." Their first conversation, when she was a freshman in 2015, changed everything.

i

Courtesy USA Basketball
No. 1 prospect Christyn Williams has already shown the ability to take over games at the high school and international level.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. But my objection, and I believe eebmg, was with a quote taken out of context, which made it sound different.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think a big assist must go to Crystal not only because of a clear friendship but because there is no better example of how
UConn can develop guards who have the underlying talent. Just like MoJeff. If Crystal did not make such a huge jump from freshman to sophomore year, I wonder if that would have affected her decision. Maybe putting Crystal in the starting rotation also nudged her in her decision??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think a big assist must go to Crystal not only because of a clear friendship but because there is no better example of how
UConn can develop guards who have the underlying talent. Just like MoJeff. If Crystal did not make such a huge jump from freshman to sophomore year, I wonder if that would have affected her decision. Maybe putting Crystal in the starting rotation also nudged her in her decision??
Christyn played with Crystal and Meg in Italy this summer, while Geno watched. Christyn is also very close with Lexi. I think she was a UConn lean for the past 2 years or so.

Meg said last year that she wanted to play with a great PG. Add 2 more assists to Crystal's stat total for helping us get Meg and Christyn.

Reaction Score
Yup...

Christyn: “Coach, I’ve decided that I’ll come to UConn if you start Crystal this year.”

Geno: “Done.”

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Another good thing about this recruit is that she's another kid from the South. It stings losing Charli, but it's good getting an Arkansas girl. Another example of Geno's nation-wide recruiting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Another good thing about this recruit is that she's another kid from the South. It stings losing Charli, but it's good getting an Arkansas girl. Another example of Geno's nation-wide recruiting.

Particularly sweet getting players from SEC territory. :D

Reaction Score
Yep. CW reminds me of Tiff, maybe because of the strong southern accent. How many have come from the south? Tiff, Mo, Lexi, CW, Crystal Dangerfield, Kalana, Shea, who else?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yep. CW reminds me of Tiff, maybe because of the strong southern accent. How many have come from the south? Tiff, Mo, Lexi, CW, Crystal Dangerfield, Kalana, Shea, who else?
This kid with the impressive arms came from Georgia.

uconn-basketball-player-maya-moore-35fd6d2aa16b8865_large.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom