Is it possible Chong is out for the season? | The Boneyard

Is it possible Chong is out for the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
This is a long "concussion like symptoms" period.

Reaction Score
Possible, but doesn't seem likely. She was obviously cleared to fly as she is with the team. My guess is that she will be cleared soon but playing at Nebraska was not in the cards due to the short turnaround and lack of practice for her.

But you can worry for all of us...

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
This is a long "concussion like symptoms" period.

Let's remember that we're in the middle of December, and the season goes well into March. And, after tonight, there's an 8-day break. In other words, we've got a long, long time to go, and almost 70%+ of the season to go.

Reaction Score
Not likely...posted to her instagram a few short hours ago. Note the caption. By the way, she did make the trip to Lincoln...

IMG_2721.PNG

Reaction Score
I still remember when the Boneyard doctors had KML done for the season after her elbow injury vs Stanford. Even when all evidence suggested in the days after it was the best possible case scenario with no ligament damage and just a contusion.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
No, she is a tough girl.
She will be back....
I get what you mean but being tough is what gets athletes CTE. If it's a twisted ankle and you come back early, that's toughness. If you have a concussion and you come back early, that's reckless and stupid. Athletes need to think about the rest of their lives, not the next game. Stay out as long as necessary to be 100%. They'll be fine without her.

Reaction Score
I would say with a fair amount of certainty that if the concussion symptoms were severe enough that a long absence was likely she would not be cleared to fly to Nebraska.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I still remember when the Boneyard doctors had KML done for the season after her elbow injury vs Stanford. Even when all evidence suggested in the days after it was the best possible case scenario with no ligament damage and just a contusion.

Perhaps our "Boneyard doctors" are under the influence -- of some of the scary side effects of tv-advertised over-the-counter meds.:eek:

Reaction Score
I love this kid. She's had her struggles and finally came into her own. It can't be easy to be a recruiting class of one.

Reaction Score
I doubt she's out for the season. Concussions are unpredictable and she took a hard hit, but the fact that she traveled with the team is a very good sign - she didn't make the trip to Kansas, so this is a definite improvement. I'm not worried. I suspect we'll see her back in College Park, ready to go!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Chong played a solid 28 min, 8 pts, 5 rebs, 4 asts and 3 stls.

I've never been so happy to see Saniya than I was when she entered the game tonight. I breathed a big sigh of relief. We're going to need her BIG time when the season resumes. Our bench just got a little deeper.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Very glad to see her back and healthy! Now she needs to be reinserted into the starting lineup with Crystal Dangerfield back as #1 sub. Side note is Geno seems to be showing support for Molly and that's also good for our depth.

Reaction Score
Really happy to see her healthy again. Nice that she played a good game. But much more important that she's healthy.

Let's keep in mind that recovery from the symptoms of a concussion has nothing to do with toughness. Can't "play through pain," can't push anything.

So great that this young lady is healthy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom