Is it NC or bust for SC this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is it NC or bust for SC this year?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I should've said I don't think SC can win the title but I think they can make it to the title game.

If they're not on the same side of the bracket as UConn, that means they'll have to get by the likes of some top 15 programs such as: Baylor, Maryland, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Ohio State, Mississippi State, Stanford, Oregon (maybe) and Texas, etc. Plus that "Dark Horse" that always shows up out of the blue at the last minute, like Mississippi State did a year ago. They snuck up on everyone. You'll have to beat at least 3 of these to make it to the title game.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
If anybody's receiving hype it's UConn (deservedly so depending on who you ask)... you'd think they were in the SEC judging by how much they're talking about the Huskies at SEC WBB Media Days.

If that's an invite the answer is yes. I know the Vanderbilt football team would love to have us on board. ;)

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I do not think South Carolina will win the National Championship, but I do think they will have a good season.
A special shout out to Coach Dawn Staley for continuing the series with UConn, Duke and Maryland.

Reaction Score
Subject heading
got me thinking:

Didn't South Carolina try the whole "let's attack the north" thing in, oh, 1861? Seems to me the whole enterprise didn't turn out so well for them.... (Google the term Appomattox if you are not aware of how that turned out, or Fort Sumter for how it started.) I don't think that South Carolina would do much better in 2017 trying to invade North Carolina.... Or in 2018 for that matter either. I think Fort Bragg could easily take care of whomever South Carolina had for its attack party.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Subject heading
got me thinking:

Didn't South Carolina try the whole "let's attack the north" thing in, oh, 1861? Seems to me the whole enterprise didn't turn out so well for them.... (Google the term Appomattox if you are not aware of how that turned out, or Fort Sumter for how it started.) I don't think that South Carolina would do much better in 2017 trying to invade North Carolina.... Or in 2018 for that matter either. I think Fort Bragg could easily take care of whomever South Carolina had for its attack party.

I like the way you are thinking.

hYa2Yt9.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No one is a bigger UConn fan than I, but I'll be rooting for SC to have a very good year again...ok, not NC, but I hope FF. Hard for me to understand why any UConn fan wouldn't really appreciate Dawn, both for her style and for what she's accomplished. Is she a brash personality? Yeah, we UConn fans don't know any other coaches with that trait. Did she take a non-relevant program, recruited for it very well, talked the talk, and yes, then walked the walk? Hmmm, where've we seen that before? Did she get a big boost from an upset of a heavily favored potential opponent, as UConn did when Shoni upset Griner? Check. Has she brought more competitiveness, interest and excitement to the game? You decide for yourself. Me, I dig her!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No one is a bigger UConn fan than I, but I'll be rooting for SC to have a very good year again...ok, not NC, but I hope FF. Hard for me to understand why any UConn fan wouldn't really appreciate Dawn, both for her style and for what she's accomplished. Is she a brash personality? Yeah, we UConn fans don't know any other coaches with that trait. Did she take a non-relevant program, recruited for it very well, talked the talk, and yes, then walked the walk? Hmmm, where've we seen that before? Did she get a big boost from an upset of a heavily favored potential opponent, as UConn did when Shoni upset Griner? Check. Has she brought more competitiveness, interest and excitement to the game? You decide for yourself. Me, I dig her!
people fear and dislike those who are on their heels... human nature.

Muffett use to be cool (its a Philly thing) until she won a few game (and still hasn't won a championship in "modern" history). Waltz is cool cause he hasn't won anything (Angel took the flack for him)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I agree and not just SC. Good programs are needed to sustain and grow WCBB. Bring em on. :D

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Can you really be considered the best women’s college team in the country if you haven’t beaten the Huskies?"

Yes. Same as when UCONN was the best after they beat LOOAVILLE. After Da Ville beat Baylor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom