Is It Just Me... | The Boneyard

Is It Just Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... or does anybody else feel we kinda kick started this mess that occurred in the Big East ( defections )... by our showing in the BCS game against OU? Were we that outmatched/outclassed that no one saw any hope that UCONN football could become more than something that many feel is more akin to MAC or Conference USA ball, and nothing more? They don't see a light at the end of the tunnel sooner rather than later?

If what I just talked about is indeed the case our showing a few nights ago didn't help our cause to disprove any doubters...

On the contrary, I, for one, feel we have a shot at reaching that plateau... The right pieces have to be in place though... It all starts with the coach IMO... We chose Coach P... Coach P was the sexy name... Train wreck job this year so far, but, this is a redshirt year... Next year has to show marked improvement...

Thoughts?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You could also say that Pitt and WVU could have looked at us versus OU and said "We could have/should have been there instead"... with the Big East essentially providing the path of least resistance to the BCS.

I'd argue our showing Wednesday night was more harmful.

I'm increasingly worried about Coach P but am resolved to wait until AT LEAST this time next year to make any firm judgements...

Reaction Score
Is it me or are we one of the very few schools still in a pro style offense?

Last year we started the semi hurry up with the possibility of heading toward a spread with a couple of dual threat QB's being brought in.

Now we got "old school" coaches trying to implement "old school" styles.

This, to me, is the biggest problem we face. Any wonder why we have our only pro style QB starting?

Didn't feel like starting a new thread so......

Reaction Score
No. If that were the case, how does the ACC get off scott free? Afterall, their Champ got equally stomped, for about the 5th time in 6 tries, and lost to James Madison, who had a losing record, on top of that.

Reaction Score
Is it me or are we one of the very few schools still in a pro style offense?

Last year we started the semi hurry up with the possibility of heading toward a spread with a couple of dual threat QB's being brought in.

Now we got "old school" coaches trying to implement "old school" styles.

This, to me, is the biggest problem we face. Any wonder why we have our only pro style QB starting?

Didn't feel like starting a new thread so......

Rutgers still runs one as well, and they seem to doing just fine in recruiting. If only they gave out trophies on Signing Day, they wouldn't be staring into a bunch of empty shelves.

Reaction Score
is it just me, or is this one of the silliest posts i've read in a while? which says a lot considering some of the nonsense i've read lately. Virginia Tech lost by 28 in the Orange Bowl last year, why haven't they been kicked out? there is no such thing as a plateau in sports. besides anyone that thinks the additions were due to quality of play hasn't really thought this through. how do you explain that 2 of our hands down bottom 3 teams over the last 5-6 years went to the ACC, while West Virginia is hoping their in a BCS league in 3 years?

Reaction Score
good lord!!!!!

This thread should be deleted, burned and the ashes the sent to subteranian earth.

Reaction Score
lol... that's all I can do... lol...

Might've been ballsy of me to bring this up but I'm glad I at least got responses...

It's cool... Here's hoping we show better on the field next season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom