Is it just me? | The Boneyard

Is it just me?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Recently, some d*bags are trying to act out but I imagine you can ignore them.
Question. Once you ignore some one in the Forum, does it extend to the chat room?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yeah, I have never bothered with chat. The format of the page is poor and isn't as good as game threads used to be.
Nope. That crap was getting posted in the game threads, too. Instead of watching the games, I had to spend my time deleting all the hysterical posts (not the ha-ha-ha hysterical, the psychotic kind). I got tired of missing games so I could edit threads and as a result, we moved game threads to the chat room

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not sure if this allowed to be said, but it appeared to me that a vast amount of people posting in the chat room were there just to see how many negative comments they could make per minute.
I too posted many a negative post in the past and then decided if that was all that I was going to do, then it was time to stop and just watch the game and enjoy it. I will also have to say that a lot of my negativity was directed at other posts.
Oh well.

Reaction Score
Nope. That crap was getting posted in the game threads, too. Instead of watching the games, I had to spend my time deleting all the hysterical posts (not the ha-ha-ha hysterical, the psychotic kind). I got tired of missing games so I could edit threads so we moved game threads to the chat room

that’s totally fair and makes so much more sense now why we switched to chat. Thanks for all you do!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yup - I stay away from game chat for that reason. The game threads were bad even with moderator intervention.

I find that the generation of fans that came of age with (or came on board during) the Breanna/Moriah/Morgan run seem to expect too much - every shot should go in, every rebound belongs to Uconn, every game should be a blow out and ever season should end in an NCAA title - if it doesn't happen that way, then it sure is someone's fault, and they will throw out a name to blame.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I stopped by the chat room during the 1st quarter today. Really sad the comments that were posted. If you were visiting for the first time you would have to wonder who these "fans" were that were posting such negativism. I departed and did not return.

JS

Reaction Score
Nope. That crap was getting posted in the game threads, too. Instead of watching the games, I had to spend my time deleting all the hysterical posts (not the ha-ha-ha hysterical, the psychotic kind). I got tired of missing games so I could edit threads so we moved game threads to the chat room
Makes me feel guilty reading that.

HuskyNan was the dedicated one. I didn't follow the game threads at all. Found out pretty quickly that they spoiled my game experience.

We all deal with the stress of tough games in our own way. Some just find it exciting. The less intrepid may play the game on delay and peek ahead at the score on the ESPN site from time to time.

And then there are those who react as though adverse developments on the court are a personal slap in the face. They find individual players to excoriate for this affront.

They would say they're just being real, and that people like me are too paternalistic or pollyanna-ish or something.

Maybe. But I'm even less likely to visit chat than I was the game threads, and while we root for the same team it's probably best we don't share the same space at certain times.

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m not the brightest because I can never find it. Someone said at the top and I still never found it, sounds like it’s probably for the best

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I have never bothered with chat. The format of the page is poor and isn't as good as game threads used to be.
If you really miss the old game threads, you can set up a PM for each game which will mimic the format. The only problem is you have to invite posters to participate. I thought about doing that when we first moved over to chat, but I’ve gotten used to it now.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the Ignore button in chat. It's not a personal insult to the person I ignore. I get it, folks have a lot of negative stuff going on in their lives and it can reflect in the tone of their comments. But don't feel it's my responsibility to listen to the negativity. And this lets me enjoy the good comments in chat (and there are usually plenty of those).

BTW, my ignore list on the forums is empty. Ignore doesn't have to be permanent; you can go to "Account Details > Ignoring" after the game and clear it.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I always liked to read the game threads after the game. More laughs that way. Never really participated much in the game threads 1) usually watch the games on tape delay for mojo reasons 2) IF I do watch live, I'm much too into the game to have time to type about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom