Is It Friday Yet? | The Boneyard

Is It Friday Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The run UConn had in 2011 is the stuff of legends. I've never had more fun watching a sports team in my life, and it was a truly special year. Going into 2012, it looked like we were poised for another Final Four run before we had one of the more disappointing seasons in the program's history given the talent on the squad.

Then, we had transition. Our all-time great Hall of Fame Coach retired and handed the keys to an unproven Kevin Ollie. We were in the midst of moving from the hallowed Big East, to essentially a mid-major conference. People questioned how we'd fare in our first year without Calhoun, with a roster deemed weak for UConn standards. With UConn ineligible for postseason play, few people on the national stage payed much attention to us. Those who watched the program were certainly encouraged by what they saw last year, but much of our success was overlooked.

Friday begins a new season, and with that, the opportunity to show the nation that UConn is still a powerhouse, with or without the Big East. Our roster is shaping up really nicely, and it really does feel like the team has a chip on their shoulder and is poised for a deep run. This should be our best regular season team in years, and I personally can't wait for the season to begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom