Is Hulu now running two minute commercials? | The Boneyard

Is Hulu now running two minute commercials?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I've never seen 90 second to two minute commercials. If they're trying to get me to spend the couple extra bucks for no ads, it'll likely work.

Reaction Score
I made the switch a couple of months ago. At first, I was a bit pissed that I had to basically double my monthly payment. But then I thought about the amount of time I would be getting back by not having to watch another annoying match.com commercial and the price no longer seemed that high.

Reaction Score
I have live TV no commercials and still get them from time to time. Blows.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I left Hulu a few months ago but I believe they had a basic package with commercials and for a few bucks more you could upgrade to no commercials. Not sure about the Hulu Live option. I tried it for a free trial period and the streaming quality was bad to say the least.

I cut Hulu and Sing Tv for You Tube TV and have been very happy with the streaming quality and choice of channels. For a sports fan You Tube TV is phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Don't bother. Depending on what you're watching, your monthly payment for "no ads" only gets you "mostly no ads". They even have a page telling you what exceptions there are to "no ads", but it seems to be out of date since everything I watch that still has ads, is not listed on the exceptions page.

What's worse is the ridiculous idea by the fools in charge of those particular shows, that 1) they're somehow better and must have ads, and 2) that showing the same 3 ads over and over again is not going to push me to boycott every product in those ads.

The people that run these companies just amaze me at their thought processes.

Reaction Score
I finally got Hulu bundled with Spotify. The ads drive me crazy but I do like that if you're binging they stop after a couple episodes

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I noticed the ads are longer (and agree, repetitive), but I really only watch one show on Hulu. So I will continue to suffer and may shut off Hulu altogether. At the moment I can't even remember what that one show is.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I finally got Hulu bundled with Spotify. The ads drive me crazy but I do like that if you're binging they stop after a couple episodes
How much extra is Hulu? For some reason, they won't let you sign up for Hulu if you have Spotify Family. I'm considering cutting the family loose, adding Hulu and saving a few bucks.

Reaction Score
How much extra is Hulu? For some reason, they won't let you sign up for Hulu if you have Spotify Family. I'm considering cutting the family loose, adding Hulu and saving a few bucks.
It's an extra $3/mo. Bargain

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom