Is Gampel really a home game? | The Boneyard

Is Gampel really a home game?

Reaction Score
I’m being facetious of course. But in reality, they haven’t played there much. The team has been on a long road trip and even the games in CT have been “away”. Is it any surprise the team looked tired and out of synch the first half against UCF? It’s not like Gampel is home anymore. The stands didn’t look very full either – at least on TV.

Reaction Score
I’m being facieses of course. But in reality, they haven’t played there much. The team has been on a long road trip and even the games in CT have been “away”. Is it any surprise the team looked tired and out of synch the first half against UCF? It’s not like Gampel is home anymore. The stands didn’t look very full either – at least on TV.
Students are on break which is why the stands were a bit empty. You'll see a bunch of games at Gampel next month.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the women have 7 regular season games scheduled at Gampel. Last night's game was only the second this season and first in almost 8 weeks. Look for more in February, including Senior Night.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
when school is out the games should be a the XL Center if possible

Reaction Score
I wonder why they bothered to fix the roof!

My guess is that the game schedule, which has to be worked out well in advance, was set to have early season games away from Gampel as a precaution in case the construction work stretched into the season. Just a guess.

Reaction Score
I feel like we do this dance every year. XL and Gampel get 7 games each, and for whatever reason XL availability is limited or non-existent in the back half of the season. So, XL will get most of the first half home games, and Gampel gets most of the second half home games.

Reaction Score
My guess is that the game schedule, which has to be worked out well in advance, was set to have early season games away from Gampel as a precaution in case the construction work stretched into the season. Just a guess.
The men had 3 games in Gampel in November.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom