Is Facey signing his letter of intent any time soon ? | The Boneyard

Is Facey signing his letter of intent any time soon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have not heard anything about it, should we be concerned ?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
As we know L.I. was hit very badly by the storm, perhaps his family has been relocated because of it. If so he probably has other things on his mind.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353077128.803328.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if he's in Jamaica because of Sandy.

Reaction Score
Don't know how legit this is, but this site generally has some people in the know with recruiting. From a poster at UConnBall.com:

"Don't know how legit this is, but I'm not liking what I'm hearing about Facey. St. John's is in his ear, trying to make him decommitt. He doesn't trust the Ollie contract situation, and they are selling this. Don't know how much of this is correct, but I'm relaying the message. I was told in the past Facey commit might be shaky, but I viewed it as St. John's connects hating. As of today, he still haven't been responsive to the beat writers, and Samuel is clueless."

http://www.uconnball.com/f6/2013-recruits-531/index13.html#post4142

Reaction Score
I hope this isn't true, it's not like the staff hasn't been constantly checking in on him(both him and Samuel) to show they're committed. If we were to lose him due to this contract situation anyone defending fat head Warde needs to fall back because this will be all on him.

Don't know how legit this is, but this site generally has some people in the know with recruiting. From a poster at UConnBall.com:

"Don't know how legit this is, but I'm not liking what I'm hearing about Facey. St. John's is in his ear, trying to make him decommitt. He doesn't trust the Ollie contract situation, and they are selling this. Don't know how much of this is correct, but I'm relaying the message. I was told in the past Facey commit might be shaky, but I viewed it as St. John's connects hating. As of today, he still haven't been responsive to the beat writers, and Samuel is clueless."

http://www.uconnball.com/f6/2013-recruits-531/index13.html#post4142

Reaction Score
Are you really going to pick up the pitchforks and torches in the event that we lose a barely-top-100 recruit because Warde wants to take time to evaluate our completely-unproven head coach?

Reaction Score
Are you really going to pick up the pitchforks and torches in the event that we lose a barely-top-100 recruit because Warde wants to take time to evaluate our completely-unproven head coach?

Facey is ranked in the 60s on Rivals, and considering we barely have any bigs as it is and there don't appear to be any other highly ranked bigs on the horizon for the spring(that could change with coaching changes), yes I would be ready to blame Warde for Ollie losing a recruit that he signed himself.

Reaction Score
Of course you could blame Warde for losing the recruit. My question is whether you would really fault Warde for his course of action (i.e. making Ollie show that he's a capable steward of a top-10 program).

Reaction Score
There's a big difference between waiting to sign an LOI until the coaching situation is resolved and decommitting from Uconn entirely. Only the latter is truly worrisome in my opinion. If anything, the former is smart.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to get into a debate about whether Ollie should've received a multi year deal with the opportunity to buy him out if things didn't work out because it has been discussed ad nauseum and nobody's mind is changing, but pretty much every cbb writer/analyst and recruiting guru worth their salt has said it would be self inflicted sabotage to recruiting efforts to have a coach on a 1 year deal. That was Warde's decision, so yes I blame his course of action. If you don't agree fine, we'll just agree to disagree.

Of course you could blame Warde for losing the recruit. My question is whether you would really fault Warde for his course of action (i.e. making Ollie show that he's a capable steward of a top-10 program).

Reaction Score
The internet rumor is st. Johns in his ear. Might wait to spring to sign..take it with a grain of salt

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is SJU's revenge for Doug Wiggins.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
This is SJU's revenge for Doug Wiggins.
I believe they evened that score by nabbing Harkless, who gave us a pledge prior.

Reaction Score
I believe they evened that score by nabbing Harkless, who gave us a pledge prior.

Obepka too!

Warde Manuel has acknowledged that Ollie's status can hurt recruiting.

Reaction Score
Maybe Facey wants to play in the Big East with MSG games (from NYC)....St.Johns might be attractive if UConn to ACC.

Have no idea....Ollie uncertainty biggest factor probably....just imagining what Lavin might be whispering.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Obepka too!

Warde Manuel has acknowledged that Ollie's status can hurt recruiting.

If a school releases a kid from an LOI free and clear, is the recruit allowed to play without sitting a year?

If so, UConn can just say a kid could go elsewhere if Ollie doesn't get the gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom