Is Evina’s Waiver Request Tied to Prince’s? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Evina’s Waiver Request Tied to Prince’s?

Reaction Score
I really thought the major issue should have been based on the coaching change that was made which should have allowed for immediate play just like they gave to ND for Shepard I think was her name, If the transfer request was compounded with medical issues so be it. NCAA does not have a good consistent track record on this issue at all.
The problem with that argument is that Westbrook made it perfectly clear she was leaving because of Holly. I believe she left before any new coach was even named. Of course, Shepard's waiver was totally bogus and I believe that waiver is partially responsible for there really getting stingy this season. It's an overcompensation to avoid future lawsuits. Sort of sticking to the letter of the law to make a point.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
But she will have to spend 6 years in college to do so. That along with having to apply for another waiver. If she has any thought of playing professional ball she would lose one year of that.
Yes you are correct. I know that Prince didn’t decide to get injured, but she did decide to transfer and that may cost her 2 years of basketball. Beyond that issue, it really doesn’t sound to me like Prince is healthy enough to play. She’s still rehabbing her leg while also dealing with a kidney infection from the medication she’s been taking. I know Kelly Graves is hopeful that Prince will be ready to go in January for the start of conference play, but if she’s not, maybe the best thing for her is to redshirt for a second year and get healthy.

Reaction Score
The problem with that argument is that Westbrook made it perfectly clear she was leaving because of Holly. I believe she left before any new coach was even named. Of course, Shepard's waiver was totally bogus and I believe that waiver is partially responsible for there really getting stingy this season. It's an overcompensation to avoid future lawsuits. Sort of sticking to the letter of the law to make a point.

I have to disagree with this. Westbrook never made it clear she left because of Holly. I truly believe her decision to leave was made, but not announced long before Holly was fired. And she actually met with the new coach and had practiced a couple of times.

Reaction Score
I have to disagree with this. Westbrook never made it clear she left because of Holly. I truly believe her decision to leave was made, but not announced long before Holly was fired. And she actually met with the new coach and had practiced a couple of times.
She may not have officially announced it as such, but her statements prior certainly expressed it as such. As when she implied that Tenn needed to make a coaching change if they ever hoped to win. Now she did meet with the new coach, but that was after she entered the portal. She entered the Portal because of Holly not because of the coaching change. That was clear to everyone. Had she not made it clear that her problem with the program was Holly, the NCAA might have used that as a loophole to grant her a waiver. But they had decided long before that that they were going to get stricter with respect to granting waivers. It was not going to be like the broad loopholes used to get Shepard eligible. It was obvious ( to me anyway ) that Westbrook was not going to be granted a waiver.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My feeling is that Evina's case was a combination of different factors which each taken alone may not rise to the level of a "smoking gun" but when added together should rise to a level where a wavier should be given. Unfortunately, I am not sure the waiver procedures work that way. I recall the podcast that said all applications have to be directed into 1 of 4 "buckets" and you can only argue within this bucket so summing different factors does not help.

My point is that even if all the facts are revealed , you may never get agreement and therefore that would not benefit Evina in any way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom