Is everyone done beating on Roscoe now? | The Boneyard

Is everyone done beating on Roscoe now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah hes been great... Great energy... What we expect from him.

I think there's been a tendency to contrast him with Daniels and focus on what scoe can't do as well... Bu in reality it's not one or the other... It's what each can bring... Nice to see them on the court together

Reaction Score
and we're gonna see both of them on the court at the same time with one of the bigs... and still be longer than the other team....

Reaction Score
Everybody loves Roscoe. Nobody's beating on him. The conversation was about what his role would be. Having the opinion that somebody's minutes will decline is not equivalent to "beating," so, while your point is taken, no need to use the word "beat."

Reaction Score
I never saw one poster bashing Roscoe. People said Roscoe looked to be struggling and they hoped he wasn't getting down on himself, everyone on this board knows how he is and what he means to this team. He looks great today and is the reason this game turned around.

Reaction Score
you definitely didn't read all the threads- people were having a meltdown about his time, his ability and his regression... read up superjohn.... obviously, everyone didn't know who he was and what he meant to the team based on the countless posts about it... but good call

Reaction Score
Everybody loves Roscoe. Nobody's beating on him. The conversation was about what his role would be. Having the opinion that somebody's minutes will decline is not equivalent to "beating," so, while your point is taken, no need to use the word "beat."
you were the worst... and most off-base regarding roscoe... call it what you want... but it certainly was decisively negative and unproductive after the first 3 games of the season.... so eat your crow and realize the guy helped us win the championship last year....

btw- your best quote was "roscoe will have a reduced role this year"

lol

Reaction Score
It's also not an either or with Roscoe and Deandre, they have different skill sets. They are similar in that they both have serious length and are very good players. I think we are at our best with the two of them in the lineup together.

Reaction Score
It's also not an either or with Roscoe and Deandre, they have different skill sets. They are similar in that they both have serious length and are very good players. I think we are at our best with the two of them in the lineup together.
totally agree- I was fighting for that idea throughout after seeing the skillset Deandre brought... I think for a lot of fans it was the "oh look at this shiny new car we have!" when we had a steady, solid chevy (or ford) pick-up in the garage.... (scary analogy when you think roscoe's only been here for a year, but you get the point)

Reaction Score
Deandre and Roscoe are both crucial pieces to this team. There are going to be certain matchups that warrant Daniels getting more minutes, and certain matchups where Roscoe needs to log the bulk of the minutes. There will also be games where they both play a lot.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It's the Centers again. Time to beat up on the Centers.

Reaction Score
you were the worst...
btw- your best quote was "roscoe will have a reduced role this year
lol
That was my quote, but that surely isn't beating on him.
Time will tell whether I'm right or not.
I said February March, because that's how long it's going to take to settle into the short bench.

Roscoe had a fine game, but don't lose site of the fact that it was Drummond's foul trouble that yielded those minutes.

Reaction Score
Some people may think I've been a Roscoe basher - but I think I speak for most of us that are frustrated with his inconsistency. Unfortunately a good game doesn't erase that image. He had a great game, but I expect that he plays well.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This will be a team effort all season, with a different player or players stepping up and others having off games.

I like this team. It has a lot of players that can hurt an opposing team. Last season was predictable. Give the ball to Kemba and see what he can do. One or two players needed to step up, but it was not a passing team and the assists were low.

This is much more of a group team. They are still learning to play the game together. The bigs, outside of TO are still learning to play at the speed the rest of the players are moving. If they do, this team will be scary.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Great game by Roscoe. Not so much just the points in the boxscore but he was very active on both sides of the ball. Happy for him and hope he builds on it.

Reaction Score
Good game for Roscoe...energy, defense, rebounds...what we expect to see from RS

Reaction Score
The most promising thing for me was after he scored a bit and was staying in the game longer it looked like he wasn't trying to force things on defense. He wasn't over helping and leaving his player. He also got a few nice rebounds in traffic, although I'd like to see him finish a little stronger. I think he got a lot of his confidence back today.

Reaction Score
I don't know if people were bashing Scoe. It was more observations on how he's not improved dramatically from last season and how Daniels has come in showing a more advanced wing game than Roscoe.

I think both players have a world of skill and will contribute. Daniels skills are primarily suited for the wing, while Roscoe has skills that translate to the 3 & 4.

I recorded the game and am watching it now, so I can't comment much if anything on Roscoe's play. Good to hear that he had a good game. He's a plus athlete and his length really came up big on D during last year's championship run.

Having 4 versatile wings (RS, DD, NG & JL) that can contribute in so many ways is a huge plus for this team. There's probably not another team that can run one player after another out there at the 3, 4 & 5 and still maintain a high level of play like UConn can.

Getting back to on point, most of the comments have been on Roscoe struggling early on and Daniels playing well. Obviously, JC saw it similar as many here, by giving some of Roscoe's minutes to Daniels and Olander during the first few games. By the sounds of it, Roscoe played well and earned some of his minutes back. I'm very happy for him.

Reaction Score
Good game for Roscoe. I don't really expect much from him offensively. His baskets he made were all around the rim so thats good for him to finish.

Reaction Score
Roscoe definitely had his best game to date. I noticed that UConn started to make their run when he came into the game. Last year during most of UConn's runs Scoe was right in the middle of em, blocking shots, snagging rebounds, and running the floor. Those of you predicting a diminished role for Scoe are likely to be wrong, IMO. One of the things that I like about this team, is that with three quality wings in Scoe, Deandre, and Giff, one of them is likely to have a good game, so you can sort of "ride the hot hand". Last year we had a similar tandem with Scoe, Giffey, and Coombs. You saw Scoe and Giffey play well at the begginning of the year, then Coombs take over for a few games in the middle of the year. I expect similar results this season with the wings picking up the slack for each other.

Reaction Score
I.m thrilled to see Roscoe contribute in a big way. He is a very important pice of this team. A couple things went his way today and then the positive momentum just continued. Great to see him playing with confidence again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom