Is Diaco Unstable? | The Boneyard

Is Diaco Unstable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

* How many teams have been successfully playing 3 QBs in the first quarter and not due to injury? Is this the type of model that Diaco views as improvement?
* A fumbled punt by both UConn and Cincy - Cincy's coverage hustled downfield and were right there to recover the punt - UConns guys were at least 3 steps late - maybe a small thing but that's how games are won and lost.
* I can't see any offensive strategy or game plan - not even a poorly executed one - Diaco is in desperate need of an Offensive Coodinator. I saw more the scheme not putting guys in position to make plays than bad execution- but there was an abundance of both.
* Its clear to me that this young coach has almost completely lost the team - quite a sad state of affairs.
* No need to over analyze the mess but we are playing not to turn the ball over on offense and bend but not break on defense and neither has been successful. You don't win games without pressuring the QB.
* The first time I saw Diaco at was at a basketball game in Storrs and he gave a very pandering speech about buying the students pizza - his act wears out fast for me.
* Lets let Calhoun hire the next football coach and have Warde rubber stamp the decision.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think he has a very detailed and very laminated in plastic list of things he wants to do. His shirts are probably stored in his closet the same way. He is very "alpha" and very focused. Problem with guys who are that committed can crack if things don't go as planned. I don't think he has the luxury to be dismissing guys who might help this team because they aren't as Type A as he is.

But, no one on the roster should be safe from being moved along or over-recruited, done wrong in their development under P or not. I'm judging BD solely on the team's ability to compete and win games. So far we have 2 wins and 2 other "competes" against BSU, ECU. in 10 games. The others are just to underwhelming to count. It should be 10 out of 10.

Reaction Score
* How many teams have been successfully playing 3 QBs in the first quarter and not due to injury? Is this the type of model that Diaco views as improvement?
* A fumbled punt by both UConn and Cincy - Cincy's coverage hustled downfield and were right there to recover the punt - UConns guys were at least 3 steps late - maybe a small thing but that's how games are won and lost.
* I can't see any offensive strategy or game plan - not even a poorly executed one - Diaco is in desperate need of an Offensive Coodinator. I saw more the scheme not putting guys in position to make plays than bad execution- but there was an abundance of both.
* Its clear to me that this young coach has almost completely lost the team - quite a sad state of affairs.
* No need to over analyze the mess but we are playing not to turn the ball over on offense and bend but not break on defense and neither has been successful. You don't win games without pressuring the QB.
* The first time I saw Diaco at was at a basketball game in Storrs and he gave a very pandering speech about buying the students pizza - his act wears out fast for me.
* Lets let Calhoun hire the next football coach and have Warde rubber stamp the decision.
How people say they've used 3 QB's is stupid. Foxx doesn't count, it's a wildcat formation. He's not a QB. And if you're counting Cochran, Boyle and Whitmer, we wouldn't have seen Boyle if Cochran were still playing. Cochran going down forced BD's hand. Boyle needed reps and to lose his RS year. He needed to be ready to step in if Whitmer went down. The way the line played early on and Whitmer's history of concussions as well certainly seemed like a certain disaster. The time is now for Boyle. Pass the torch and prepare for 2015.

Reaction Score

I get the feeling if Shirreffs was eligible this year, he would likely be starting, especially after losing Cochran the way they did. They lack an identity and leadership out there at quarterback because the guy he wants out there isn't available.

C

Chief00

• J
    How people say they've used 3 QB's is stupid. Foxx doesn't count, it's a wildcat formation. He's not a QB. And if you're counting Cochran, Boyle and Whitmer, we wouldn't have seen Boyle if Cochran were still playing. Cochran going down forced BD's hand. Boyle needed reps and to lose his RS year. He needed to be ready to step in if Whitmer went down. The way the line played early on and Whitmer's history of concussions as well certainly seemed like a certain disaster. The time is now for Boyle. Pass the torch and prepare for 2015.

Tell the OL changing QBs doesn't impact timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger