Is Connecticut high school football improving? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Connecticut high school football improving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Might be nice to have some facts once in awhile,sorry you cant bull your way out of every silly statement you make.Most of the players you mentioned played for other schools in college as well. The state as a whole is subpar in developing talent in football and even worse in retaining it

Don't go off topic here. UConn puts more in the NFL than your school and you know it. Stay on topic. Connecticut HS talent. Lots of NFL players. Yes, you can find top linemen here. And even the kids who DON'T make the NFL, like Hurd, Ryan, Hicks, can plow through your runty D-line and grade the road for Andre Dixon, Donald Brown and Jerome Todman.

Reaction Score
What dline is that you having players plowing through Towson St?

Reaction Score
He's a BB poster and he's asking you if you coach high school football? I guess he doesn't read the BB forum, he just posts and refreshes to see if anyone read his post.

I honestly couldn't even figure out what he was saying. Maybe if he had something specific to offer.

Reaction Score
What dline is that you having players plowing through Towson St?

A D-line without Conn. recruits on it.

UConn put players off its D in the NFL in the last draft. How many did your school put there?

Fess up, or you're trolling. Tell us how great and mighty your sorry school is.

Reaction Score
Got caught up in a bad moment while responding and made some remarks I regret,I am a UCONN fan ,99% b ball 1% football.As I did in private I do offer an apology to upstater for the childish remarks which I just deleted.

Reaction Score
Andre Dixon that the guy in Canada lol?If these non NFL playing guys are plowing through something it probably is your sister or someone you work at the car wash with.

There you go, folks, Rutgers--the worst school in the history of the BE. Playing football for ages and never winning a single thing. Sucks to be you.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
If it sucks to be Rutgers then woo boy what does that mean for UConn?

Reaction Score
If it sucks to be Rutgers then woo boy what does that mean for UConn?

There is team loyalty and then there is sticking up for an idiot. Guess which one you just exhibited?

Reaction Score
Don't go off topic here. UConn puts more in the NFL than your school and you know it. Stay on topic. Connecticut HS talent. Lots of NFL players. Yes, you can find top linemen here. And even the kids who DON'T make the NFL, like Hurd, Ryan, Hicks, can plow through your runty D-line and grade the road for Andre Dixon, Donald Brown and Jerome Todman.
wait, who is Jerome Todman? You mean Jordan?

Reaction Score
Just a question here. I always thought CT produced more than NY, but I guess not, just curious, how much bule chip talent does the state produce, and on average, how many big time prospects do they produce every year?

Reaction Score
Just a question here. I always thought CT produced more than NY, but I guess not, just curious, how much bule chip talent does the state produce, and on average, how many big time prospects do they produce every year?

It doesn't produce more than NY. It produces more per capita. Blue chip talent is irrelevant for Connecticut since the 2 star kids have a better chance of making the pros than the 5 star kids do. Which tells us the state is underrecruited. But...

here you go:
grant_e_PastedGraphic-1_640.jpg

Reaction Score
Thanks guys I was just curious about offensive and defensive lineman coming out of CT high schools and going into D-1 ball. I know CT's pool is small as we are the 3rd smallest state in the union but seems like we should be pumping out more than a couple a year.... maybe not. Never said anything about depending on CT talent...just was curious as to why not more linemen.

Reaction Score
Now that UMass is D-1 you'll see more CT and MA kids get FBS offers than in the past.

Does that mean that the region is getting better at developing kids? Who knows. It's probably flat.

Reaction Score
Now that UMass is D-1 you'll see more CT and MA kids get FBS offers than in the past.

Does that mean that the region is getting better at developing kids? Who knows. It's probably flat.

Eh, Umass is not long for this.

Given the track record, it's proven that Connecticut is under recruited. If it weren't, you wouldn't have som many kids no one ever heard of making the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom