Is Boyle Playing Saturday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Boyle Playing Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No. Not even close. Last year, he was given the startinFreshman nd had four games to cement his hold on it for the rest of his career. He didn't get it done. This year, when CC went down he was clearly going to get a chance to compete for the starting job, and he got hurt.

Stuff happens. In hindsight, would it be better if he had three years of eligiblity left after this year? Of course. But you don't get to complain about decisions in hindsight. At least if you want to be fair. Neither PJW nor HCBD made a dumb decision to take his redshirt off at the time they made it.
So you think given the starting job as a true Freshman was fair to begin with?Cochran didnt play as a true freshman. He sat a year and to be fair got the soft part of the schedule. As far as beating out Whitmer...im not even sure thats legit because no matter what Diaco has made it clear all along its about building for the future.

Reaction Score
So you think given the starting job as a true Freshman was fair to begin with?Cochran didnt play as a true freshman. He sat a year and to be fair got the soft part of the schedule. As far as beating out Whitmer...im not even sure thats legit because no matter what Diaco has made it clear all along its about building for the future.

"Fair?" WTF does "fair" have to do with anything? True freshmen play, everywhere, all the time, when coaches decide they can help the team. And, by the way, that wasn't the question.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Bonehead, how applicable

That's original - like your posts! I haven't heard that one.

I rather be a bonehead than clamoring for a QB who...well I'm sure you read the article in the Courant like the rest of us.

I'm the Bonehead of the Boneyard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's original - like your posts! I haven't heard that one.

I rather be a bonehead than clamoring for a QB who...well I'm sure you read the article in the Courant like the rest of us.

I'm the Bonehead of the Boneyard.
I think Carl has you beat.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Killing time 'til Shireffs. Lost year.
I want my money back for the past 4 exhibitions and 3 home - well probably 2., executions.
Handsome Bob is no Edsall. Coach em up is not an option.

Reaction Score
Alum86 said:
Killing time 'til Shireffs. Lost year. I want my money back for the past 4 exhibitions and 3 home - well probably 2., executions. Handsome Bob is no Edsall. Coach em up is not an option.

Lol on Sherrifs. Or anyone else. I will believe we have an actual D1 QB when I see one perform like one on the field. I'm done thinking the next guy is going to be great.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Lol on Sherrifs. Or anyone else. I will believe we have an actual D1 QB when I see one perform like one on the field. I'm done thinking the next guy is going to be great.

As sad as this is I completely agree. I am over getting my hopes up until someone actually steps up and performs in the games against the good teams. Sick of watching some third stringer come in for some directional school and look better than 95% of our qbs over the years.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Wait. Ditch the pro style offense for the more suitable college mobile QB and you will see. Diaco knows.
Or I hope he does

Reaction Score
Of much interest for me tonight is to see if Foxx gets on the field as a QB in the first half. If he has success, what does Diaco do, especially if Whitmer is struggling.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Cannot even get a run play out of the end zone. Safety. O line pathetic.
F me

Reaction Score
aside from Boyle getting hurt, what could possibly be lost by letting him get experience?
Whitmer is simply ineffective.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
aside from Boyle getting hurt, what could possibly be lost by letting him get experience?
70% completion and same stats as winning QB - it was effective enough for the other team.

Reaction Score
I have a strong suspicion Boyle won't be on the team next year.

I concur. I think he needs a rs year and a change of scenery. He will be the only pro style qb on the roster and I don't think that's where we are going.

Reaction Score

Some will argue confidence. Those same people will argue he lost all of it last year in his 3-4 starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom