Is Boyle Playing Saturday? | The Boneyard

Is Boyle Playing Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
this new coach is restickulous

i guess where he went to universitaay they did not believe in logical thinking or teach any logic or critical thinking or decision making or common sense

the fan base does not expect or even hope for any victories

just a game day not full of WTF's

to quote such astute observers like freescoot, nelson et al: why is this guy playing with the team parts he wishes he had vs the team pieces he has-this scenario is beyond belief

Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
this new coach is restickulous i guess where he went to universitaay they did not believe in logical thinking or teach any logic or critical thinking or decision making or common sense the fan base does not expect or even hope for any victories just a game day not full of WTF's to quote such astute observers like freescoot, nelson et al: why is this guy playing with the team parts he wishes he had vs the team pieces he has-this scenario is beyond belief

Now I really smell a rat. Shouting out scooter and Nelson? ;)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Doesn't appear so.

Another Boyle post by the OP - would not have guessed it...you are really getting lame.

He is hurt - he has a booboo - leg pain - he couldnt beat out Whitmer and Foxx -

According to BD he is the FUTURE until he gets beat out.

Reaction Score
Everything else aside, if Scooter and Waylon believe the coach is inept, we can take it as evidence that we do have the right guy.
Never thought he was inept exactly, but I seriously question some of his decisions and I don't particularly like how he is approaching this season. I get going with youth, but he seems incapable of making decisions, or tries to use too many players to the extent that none of them are benefitting.

Reaction Score
I'm still drinking the HCBD Kool-Aid even though I'm forced to pinch my nose from time to time. I'm hoping it starts going down easier with visible progress and some level of success in the second half of the season. If we manage less than three wins there will be tremendous pressure next year to have a decidedly improved turnaround season like Memphis and Temple to keep fans engaged. God, I never thought in a million years I would utter those words. . .

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm still drinking the HCBD Kool-Aid even though I'm forced to pinch my nose from time to time. I'm hoping it starts going down easier with visible progress and some level of success in the second half of the season. If we manage less than three wins there will be tremendous pressure next year to have a decidedly improved turnaround season like Memphis and Temple to keep fans engaged. God, I never thought in a million years I would utter those words. . .
Vodka helps.

Reaction Score
Is Boyle the most badly mismanaged QB prospect in FBS history?

We screw up by burning his redshirt last year, in a meaningless season.
We burn his redshirt again this year and then don't let him play.

So now he goes into next season with only 2 years left (we're sure not redshirting him as a junior), not having gotten meaningful reps. The idiocy is mind-boggling.

Reaction Score

So now he goes into next season with only 2 years left (we're sure not redshirting him as a junior), not having gotten meaningful reps. The idiocy is mind-boggling.

No. Not even close. Last year, he was given the starting job and had four games to cement his hold on it for the rest of his career. He didn't get it done. This year, when CC went down he was clearly going to get a chance to compete for the starting job, and he got hurt.

Stuff happens. In hindsight, would it be better if he had three years of eligiblity left after this year? Of course. But you don't get to complain about decisions in hindsight. At least if you want to be fair. Neither PJW nor HCBD made a dumb decision to take his redshirt off at the time they made it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

All this assumes that Boyle is going to be a good quarterback. I'm not sure we've actually seen much evidence of that. I know he is a local product, and this is one problem with high profile local kids going to UConn...everyone assumes they are going to be stars. A lineman is one thing...half the people don't know who those guys are even with a program, but quarterback or running back, that's too much pressure on the quarterback and on the coach. And connecticut isn't Texas, where a "local" player might be from 500 miles away. I have no doubt that whatever he thinks of Boyle, Diaco has been told not to say anything but positives, even if they are little more than platitudes. Here's a guy who couldn't beat out Whitmer, for heaven sakes, for the #2 job. hasn't beat him out for the #1 job, and look how Whitmer is playing...and now it looks like he might be passed for #2 by a kid who hasn't played quarterback since his Jr year in high school!!! I would suggest that those who still think Boyle is the 2nd coming of Dan Orlovsky might want to re-think their position.

Bonehead

Reaction Score

He has LEG PAIN...they want to play him but dont think they can.

To hear the coach tell it its not their fault but rather Boyles.
At this point play him but I think many of you will be disappointed he isnt the savior made out to be. He is the #3A on the depth chart.

"We screw up by burning his redshirt last year, in a meaningless season." - This is the 1 thing I am not blaming the previous staff for. He was #2 on the depth chart. You make a QB change and normally you go with the #2 guy. He didnt perform so they went to #3.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He has LEG PAIN...they want to play him but dont think they can.

To hear the coach tell it its not their fault but rather Boyles.
At this point play him but I think many of you will be disappointed he isnt the savior made out to be. He is the #3A on the depth chart.

"We screw up by burning his redshirt last year, in a meaningless season." - This is the 1 thing I am not blaming the previous staff for. He was #2 on the depth chart. You make a QB change and normally you go with the #2 guy. He didnt perform so they went to #3.
He shouldn't have been. He should have redshirted. If former "Coach" Pasqualoni wanted to play the local kid, he had Monroe native, RFr. Casey Cochran in the wings who had already been granted his redshirt and had game experience. "Coach" insert Boyle into the lineup in a futile attempt to say his job. Coach Weist should have scrapped everything about the previous regime and their plans when he took over.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
He shouldn't have been. He should have redshirted. If former "Coach" Pasqualoni wanted to play the local kid, he had Monroe native, RFr. Casey Cochran in the wings who had already been granted his redshirt and had game experience. "Coach" insert Boyle into the lineup in a futile attempt to say his job. Coach Weist should have scrapped everything about the previous regime and their plans when he took over.
hearsay

How does Boyle save his job but not Cochran?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who gives a crap if Boyle has only two more years? How is that a problem for anyone? New kids are coming in next year, freshman and transfer. Assume that more will come in 2016, and more in 2017. Are we worried about this? Is anyone concerned that Daniel Hamilton isn't redshirting for the basketball team?

I don't get the red shirt expectation at skill positions, unless the school is already freaking loaded. I do get it for OL and some DL. Grab lots of raw guys and bulk them up for two years at least, see who emerges. But there are a ton of true freshmen that play at skill positions all over the country and never red shirt.

I haven't seen anything saying Boyle is unavailable for Tulane.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I haven't seen anything saying Boyle is unavailable for Tulane.

Nor should you expect to...
If he is pain free and doesnt start that tells you all you need to know about Boyle this year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nor should you expect to...
If he is pain free and doesnt start that tells you all you need to know about Boyle this year.

I doubt that he starts. What wouldn't surprise me is if gets two series a half, with Foxx maybe getting one. If he does anything with the new, simplified offense, we might then have a new starter.

Husky25

Reaction Score
hearsay

How does Boyle save his job but not Cochran?
Boyle is the "prototypical" pro-style QB. Cochran was not. The fact that Pasqualoni liked physical prototypes is no a State secret.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Boyle is the "prototypical" pro-style QB. Cochran was not. The fact that Pasqualoni liked physical prototypes is no a State secret.

Boyle was #2 on the depth chart - thats the expectation when you decide to replace the starting QB, you go to the number #2 QB.

If Boyle came out of camp last year as the #3 and then bypassed Cochran when that change was made I might agree that he should have redshirted, but if he was out performing Cochran all summer camp and WON the #2 spot, thats different.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Boyle was #2 on the depth chart - thats the expectation when you decide to replace the starting QB, you go to the number #2 QB.

If Boyle came out of camp last year as the #3 and then bypassed Cochran when that change was made I might agree that he should have redshirted, but if he was out performing Cochran all summer camp and WON the #2 spot, thats different.
Then why did Cochran play in junk time vs. Buffalo? There was an effort to preserve the opportunity to redshirt Boyle.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Then why did Cochran play in junk time vs. Buffalo? There was an effort to preserve the opportunity to redshirt Boyle.

Boyle had leg pain -

I cant answer that but Cochran was clearly the #3 last year coming out of summer camp - there was talk of how Casey was a poor practice player and such.

I never once heard talk of perserving the Boyle redshirt last year, not saying I am right.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Pasqualoni didn't play Boyle at all, it was Weist who did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom