Is Boston for SC stoppable? | The Boneyard

Is Boston for SC stoppable?

Reaction Score
28 points, 22 rebounds! If UConn meets SC, can Liv and Aaliyah keep Boston from dominating? Can Geno figure out some way to keep her off the boards?

Reaction Score
Very dangerous to look ahead this year, or any year for that matter. Anything is possible any game. If we have another night where our shots don’t fall, I don’t care how good our bigs play, going to be tough to win.

Reaction Score
I watched the small segment (on ESPN) of Aaliyah going back home to visit her family. You just can’t help but want to root for her! She’s a very special young woman who is going to accomplish great things! Let’s just take one game at a time and take care of business with Indiana ;)

“In a world where you can be anything…be KIND”

Reaction Score
If this game happens.... UCONN just needs to 'Contain' Ms. Boston.
The team of ' everybody eats ' will carry UCONN over the finishline of NC!
As an aside " what about those Peacocks "!!! 15th seed! lives = Cinderella!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
28 points, 22 rebounds! If UConn meets SC, can Liv and Aaliyah keep Boston from dominating? Can Geno figure out some way to keep her off the boards?
No. Two months ago I commented that I thought this year’s championship was South Carolina’s to lose. Three games into the tournament, nothing has happened to make me change my mind.

IF all the rotation players for us play the their best games of this season going forward, they can beat anyone left in the field. But will that happen?

So goes Boston, so goes SC. She’s a BIG TIME player that makes BIG plays in BIG games. She comes to play every game. 28/22 tonight. Be honest, who do we have that can stop her? She thrives on contact in the paint.

You are going to have to beat SC. They won’t beat themselves. I know this won’t be a popular take, but it’s an honest one. That lost to Kentucky in their conference championship was the wake-up call they needed. Before that loss, they had lost their sense of smell. They couldn’t smell themselves. After that loss, they got it back.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Look at Boston's game-by-game numbers this year. She's not stoppable, but she's containable.

One player isn't gonna beat UConn, or any really good team for that matter. Boston will get her 20/15, just make sure the guards don't get going, and limit SC's offensive rebounds.

Reaction Score
Boston has become a great player. She’s dominant, doesn’t need the refs help.

Peacocks first 15 seed to make the Elite Eight. Great stuff.
She really has arrived this year as a truly elite player. While she still has the (very) occasional game where you think, “a bit of a down game” those have become quite rare and she is simply unstoppable in the low post. I thought she was overly lionized her first two years as her consistency and her averages were not high enough to be considered truly elite, but she has really stepped it up and is now the most consistently dominant player in the country. Sob! If only…:(

Reaction Score
Look at Boston's game-by-game numbers this year. She's not stoppable, but she's containable.

One player isn't gonna beat UConn, or any really good team for that matter. Boston will get her 20/15, just make sure the guards don't get going, and limit SC's offensive rebounds.
Too true! They had 25 offensive rebounds tonight! You’re not beating anyone when you give them that many more chances to score! And yet, and yet (a slightly hopeful note) they (SC) were under the threat of losing right up to the final minutes! They only won by eight! A couple of threes, a couple less turnovers/mistakes on NC’s part and that game could have gone down a different path.

Reaction Score
How good would SC be without Boston? UConn had to answer that when they lost Paige. Took a while. Wonder how SC would do?

Reaction Score
The smartest way to beat Aliyah Boston is get her in foul trouble. Get Aliyah Boston off the floor by attacking her with your offense until she is out of the game. She's not a Cameron Brink kind-of-serial-fouler and if UConn plays Stanford they will have an easy day fouling her out of the game very early so she's not a factor.

Aliyah is more disciplined so they need to force the refs to call fouls and get her on the bench. Make her vulnerable late in games by getting her out early and making her think twice before blocking shots.

Aaliyah drew so many charges against UCF I like her odds. Dorka did as well. South Carolina is still strong but less effective when Boston has to sit.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They said that about Griner too and then L'Ville beat them. Boston will get points and that's going to happen but IMO you have to keep her from getting that many boards. Can be done by several dedicated players using fouls.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how Boston constantly gets inside rebounding position. If the ball goes up she is somehow right under the basket for the putback. She seems like a great kid but can any 2 players block her out for God's sake? As great as their talent is, Boston seems to carry that team over and over. Notice that she uses her hands to turn the opposing player just a little and then she slides through for the rebounding position. She is a case study in how to rebound the post position. Its subtle but her positioning is key.

Reaction Score
I'd rather give the guards open 3 looks and hope they miss and get the long rebound because if the ball is close to the basket Saxton or Boston are going to clean up that mess. I watch players boxing players out and believe it or not Caroline is one of the best at that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom