Is Blihdi ok? | The Boneyard

Is Blihdi ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He got his bell rung late in the fourth and semi staggered off the field with a teammate walking off with him.

I looked for him on the next defensive series and he was not in. Anyone notice this or hear anything on TV?

Reaction Score
Saw Tweets saying he was getting concussion test on trainer table (unconfirmed). Jim Fuller from New Haven Register reported this:

" said it was a dehydration issue which led to senior cornerback Blidi Wreh-Wilson being sidelined for some plays on Saturday including the one when reserve cornerback Taylor Mack was beaten by Bryan Underwood on a 46-yard touchdown reception."

Reaction Score
I tweeted to Desmond about Blidi during yesterday's game. We sit in section 223 on the UCONN sideline, directly behind the trainer's table. When the team returned to the field for the second half, Blidi was on the sidelines with a trainer, his legs being stretched from the hip every which way. A few minutes later, Blidi jogged into the locker room. He returned about 20 minutes later (real time, not game time) about 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

I didn't see the hit in the 4th quarter, but saw him go to the trainer's table and have a concussion eval with Dr. Anderson: follow the finger, taps on the temples, balance, etc. Eventually Dr. Anderson handed Blidi his helmet and he returned to the game.

Reaction Score
I tweeted to Desmond about Blidi during yesterday's game. We sit in section 223 on the UCONN sideline, directly behind the trainer's table. When the team returned to the field for the second half, Blidi was on the sidelines with a trainer, his legs being stretched from the hip every which way. A few minutes later, Blidi jogged into the locker room. He returned about 20 minutes later (real time, not game time) about 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

I didn't see the hit in the 4th quarter, but saw him go to the trainer's table and have a concussion eval with Dr. Anderson: follow the finger, taps on the temples, balance, etc. Eventually Dr. Anderson handed Blidi his helmet and he returned to the game.

I saw that from Sec 219 and I wondered why they waited for the start of a defensive series to take him in. It was humid yesterday and the D was the field a long time.

Reaction Score
I am 99% sure I saw him back on the field after that play. He was getting checked out right after, then got on the sideline bike while the O was on the field. He missed a series I think, but I do remember seeing him back on the field after that.

Reaction Score
There is no excuse for a player becoming dehydrated.

Another bonehead move on a day filled with them.

Reaction Score
I spoke to Blidi and his parents after the game. He was very engaging while signing a poster for my granddaughter. When I mentioned what looked like a tough collision with Byron Jones he laughed it off and said he's fine. His parents confirmed it as well. One thing stood out. He's 6'2". Taylor Mack is 5'9". Those 3 inches (and obviously his experience) made a big difference on those key receptions.

Reaction Score
He got his bell rung late in the fourth and semi staggered off the field with a teammate walking off with him.

I looked for him on the next defensive series and he was not in. Anyone notice this or hear anything on TV?
I noticed it. He definitely hurt himself on that tackle.When he was helped up,I could see him wobble off to the sideline.

Reaction Score
I spoke to Blidi and his parents after the game. He was very engaging while signing a poster for my granddaughter. When I mentioned what looked like a tough collision with Byron Jones he laughed it off and said he's fine. His parents confirmed it as well. One thing stood out. He's 6'2". Taylor Mack is 5'9". Those 3 inches (and obviously his experience) made a big difference on those key receptions.

Actually a 5 inch difference. The difference between NFL, exciting height...and undersized.

Reaction Score
More lke 5 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc