Is anyone else feeling entirely dejected? | The Boneyard

Is anyone else feeling entirely dejected?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I’ve been surprised that a lot of talk on here has been pretty positive regarding last night. I didn’t expect to have a great game, but our defense was so putrid that I’m almost sure it’s worse than last year. And I’m just not sure how much longer we can wait to turn it around. We’re such an utter joke and the clock is ticking. The last time I watched us win at home against an FBS team was October of 2016. That’s absurd. My patience is running out and if we have a close one against URI I may just take the season off. We deserve better than that excuse for a defense, ucf or not

Reaction Score
What worries me were Mensah's comments after the game.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yeah I’ve seen it played off as just trying to light a fire under teammates but anytime someone says there isn’t buy in that’s a bad sign

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I’ve been surprised that a lot of talk on here has been pretty positive regarding last night. I didn’t expect to have a great game, but our defense was so putrid that I’m almost sure it’s worse than last year. And I’m just not sure how much longer we can wait to turn it around. We’re such an utter joke and the clock is ticking. The last time I watched us win at home against an FBS team was October of 2016. That’s absurd. My patience is running out and if we have a close one against URI I may just take the season off. We deserve better than that excuse for a defense, ucf or not
I’m really not feeling that way in terms of seeing a difference in product. Sure, the offense was fine, but I saw last night as equally embarrassing to the diaco era minus insane play calls and fake field goals. I basically just looked away when our defense played because it was so painful. Maybe I’m just being dramatic, but I feel like my patience is wearing thin. Another couple blowouts and I’ll probablt start staying home on game days. There’s just better stuff to do in life than keep pulling my hair out watching this. I haven’t watched us beat an fbs team in over two years, as I had to miss tulsalasr year

Dude, you have PTSD. Seriously, if you really look at the competition we faced last night (and again next week), you might just breathe a bit easier. No need for all the "staying home on game days" or "taking the season off." This team is not an "utter joke" but you're right...the clock is ticking. It's the game experience clock, and every tick just might pay off down the road. Remember that clocks don't just count down...they count up, too.

Your expectations are WAY too high for a D full of true and redshirt freshmen. It's going to be a long road. Breathe. And either quit or don't. I think it's a little premature to throw in the towel. Hope to see you on gameday.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It's hard to judge our defense when it's basically a game of college seniors v. high school freshman. UCF would beat us without a coach just based on pure athleticism.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not Phil.

We knew this was going to be a rough game. Yeah, I had hoped that we would do better, but putting inexperienced kids, many with no FBS experience, against a quality opponent like UCF was only going end badly for us. Suck it up for another beat down against Boise St. and then hopefully we will start to see the progress that has been made.

Reaction Score
Been a season ticket holder since 2003. Until this year. It became a chore and not enjoyable. Stayed home last night and don’t regret the decision one bit. There are thousands just like me. Outside of the games themselves that is our biggest problem as a program.

If the next conference shake up happens in 2023 or whenever, and we’re still relegated to this dreadful conference, it’s time to pull the plug.

Reaction Score
What did he say?

>>In addition to Scott’s fumble, Pindell threw an interception deep in UCF territory just before half, cornerback Keyshawn Paul committed a costly personal foul (among other penalties), Ryan Crozier was called for holding on a would-have-been Pindell touchdown run and the Huskies’ secondary repeatedly left receivers open.

Running back Kevin Mensah said he was disappointed in how the team responded from those mistakes. “I don’t think a lot of people are bought-in right now,” Mensah said. “When the defense let up points, they just had their heads down. Everyone was not saying, ‘Hey, we’re still in this game, we’ve still got it.’ It was just a different vibe, and I didn’t like it.”

Mensah said although Scott reacted well after his fumble on the opening drive, other Huskies did not. “That was supposed to be a point where people were supposed to keep their head up, and they weren’t doing that,” Mensah said. “If people are not keeping their head up, then the game’s going to go downhill.”<<

I'm sure it will be dealt w/ by the Leadership Council.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah I’ve seen it played off as just trying to light a fire under teammates but anytime someone says there isn’t buy in that’s a bad sign

They quit halfway through the 3rd. Didnt need Kevin Mensah to tell me that.

I posted in the game thread about the smiles on the sideline.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They quit halfway through the 3rd. Didnt need Kevin Mensah to tell me that.

I Postedin the game thread about the smiles on the sideline.
I think they started to quit when UCF put in their 2's and 3's and then still shredded us

Reaction Score
The one thing I want to see different is stopping a team on third down. This team can do it. I have faith. Top 25 schools are really good. We can definitely play decent with other teams on our schedule. We aren’t that bad just inexperienced players. Don’t hit panic button. Remember this is a rebuilding phase. Do I hate rebuilding yes but Edsall will shape up the roster with recruits. Everything in the end will be fine

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think they started to quit when UCF put in their 2's and 3's and then still shredded us
I don’t want to talk about that aspect of the game, it’s really a downer. Let’s never discuss again. ;)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The one thing I want to see different is stopping a team on third down. This team can do it. I have faith. Top 25 schools are really good. We can definitely play decent with other teams on our schedule. We aren’t that bad just inexperienced players. Don’t hit panic button. Remember this is a rebuilding phase. Do I hate rebuilding yes but Edsall will shape up the roster with recruits. Everything in the end will be fine
I just don’t think we have a fair measuring stick until the Cincy game.

Reaction Score
I just don’t think we have a fair measuring stick until the Cincy game.
Well I mean you never know this team could surprise us. We have a chance with Cincy, Tulsa, UMass, ECU, URI and Temple. I know I will hear a lot from what I said from others. I really do think we will improve this season. I have faith this schedule we can get wins but the players need to come out smacking these teams in the mouth. Limit the turnovers and play with heart. All I ask for is be competitive. If they are competitive that’s all you can really ask for

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well I mean you never know this team could surprise us. We have a chance with Cincy, Tulsa, UMass, ECU, URI and Temple. I know I will hear a lot from what I said from others. I really do think we will improve this season. I have faith this schedule we can get wins but the players need to come out smacking these teams in the mouth. Limit the turnovers and play with heart. All I ask for is be competitive. If they are competitive that’s all you can really ask for
The order ahead is Boise, URI, Syracuse and then Cincy. Of those, I could see is not having a good feel for this team until we finish the Cincy game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom