Is anybody else excited for tonight's game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is anybody else excited for tonight's game?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Davis Love III described how he felt standing at the first tee for his first ever Ryder Cup match.

He said he felt like he was going to throw up on his shoes.

I will be at the game, and should probably bring a bag just in case.

Just win baby!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
friendly reminder - it's a game!
iffn ur doing it connected to heart monitors and blood pressure cuffs, or looking to it as a measure of self esteem, ur doing it wrong, way wrong.
it's supposed to be fun. try to enjoy it. we will.

Reaction Score
Uconn by 10...Go huskies... Azzi Fudd goes off!!! :)
I forgot to say that last night, after much deliberation and the help of some 16 year old scotch, I then slept on it and woke up this morning with my uconn blue shades on and have decided I'm going to eat the Ono-cheese one more time. Last year be damned.

I think she is going to have a great game against NC State. Go Ono!!!!! :)

Reaction Score
I won’t be watching because Ill be asleep (I work overnights) and addition to that I get too apprehensive to even watch especially since it’s the daunted Elite Eight game. Good luck to our ladies and hope they can make it 14 FF’s in a row. Whatever happens I’m proud of our team for persevering this season with everything they have gone through. I can only hope that when I wake up tonight and look at my phone, I’ll be greeted with a notification that we advanced.

Reaction Score
We were there Saturday and will be back tonight. I am feeling really good about how this game will play out after seeing the second half of NCState and glimpses of what our guys can do during that run in the third and as importantly holding off Indiana coming back in the fourth.

Absolutely love this group of players and the team they have become through a lot of adversity. I feel that has given them what they will need to get through any rough patches tonight and the balance of the tournament. My main hope is that they all play their best basketball. If they do that and don't get the W, this game or any to follow, then they will have gotten beaten by the better team. BUT, my money is on our guys to, first, get themselves into the final four tonight and, second, cut down the nets and send our seniors out the right way!

Reaction Score
Super nervous. Won't watch it. Tape it and will watch it.....if we happen to pull the upset.
It's like we're the same person. I'm too hyped up to watch it so I'll record it and watch it later IF we can beat NCST.

Reaction Score
I guess there wasn't any point for Tony to post on this thread since he knows we will win. :rolleyes:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I feel good about a win
But can't watch the game
Aboard Norwegian Getaway at sea, with my convalescing wife

Game not on TV, Internet not fast enough, can follow the score and plays, via ESPN
Watch replay tomorrow in Port Canaveral.
Will follow along while I eat my steak and imbibe my Claret.

Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for. This will be a gargatuan struggle tonight. If you study NC State, they are really good. Not a lot of stars but a very solid supporting cast 1-8. 3 shooters shooting over 40% from 3. Another one close. They have 6 legitimate 3 point shooters and I think they launch a bunch of them tonight. We've got to hold them to one shot and we need to limit turnovers.
I've always liked the word "gargantuan"...

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I am excited, and feeling a mixture of anxiety and anticipation. Finished teaching my classes at 2:05 pm, puttered around my office for a few minutes...then left for the day, to get into my Wolfpack gear, have time to get caught up on all of the Internet posts and get into my pre-game routine.

My mind is racing with ideas and wondering how it's all going to play out. 6 hours from now, the season will be over for one of these teams...while the other is celebrating advancing to the Final Four. I just hope the team I want to get there is the one still dancing tonight.

Should NC State win, I likely won't be posting on the BY tonight...because the UCONN fans will be hurting and I don't know how receptive y'all would be about any comments from the NC State fans. And if UCONN wins, it will be devastating to have the end of the season.

And, I'm sure, UCONN will not want their season to end tonight, either.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Nervous as hell, I always get that way before a big game. As someone already said it's too cold and windy to work outside, even my dog is mad cause I won't take him for a walk. I told him, tomorrow, I promise. Decided to do my taxes, boy that took my mind off the game. Alright, only two hours and 15 minutes to go. Maybe I should fix dinner or something, oh thats right, my dog eats around 5. Well, thats what I'm feeling now, wish I could get down there, but no ticket, driving would have helped. Ok go Huskies, see them in the final 4.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well mostly for ritual sake. So I can't even follow on the apps. Just ignore it's happening until it's over.
This would, literally, kill me.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm excited! I obviously want the win and for this team to have a chance at the title. But, even if they don't win, I am so proud of what they've accomplished this year and how hard they've worked to get to this point and overcome all the injuries and illness. Should be a great game and hopefully in 9 hours, we're celebrating another Final Four!
Me too. If we lose, I'll be more concerned with HOW we lost, than THAT we lost. I don't think this is our year, but I would be elated to be proven wrong, and would have no problems eating my thoughts and words in open forum washed down with a large glass of liquid crow. :cool: I'd be grinning the whole time. :D

Since December, I've thought this was South Carolina's year and their championship to lose. Their play in the first 4 rounds have not given me any reason to re-think my position. You're going to have to take the game from them. It starts with putting or keeping Boston in check. Easier said than done. No team was able to do it the first 4 games. She's a walking double double who is physical, aggressive and determined. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I try to keep my expectations low. In order to win it all, we probably have to beat the top 3 teams in the country, all in a row. NC State, Stanford and South Carolina. The probabilities of that are not good. Even if all teams were equal it would be about a 1/8th chance of winning ( I think. It's been 50 years since I took statistics ). Chances are one of the next few days is a downer. My approach is like intentionally taking a serotonin inhibitor for sports. Often I check the score before watching a game. If we won, I might watch. Ergo why I'm not a Uconn fan. I don't normally need to check the score. Part of me feels guilty about it as a lifelong Redsox fan as it's kind of like rooting for the evil empire but these kids are such good natured, positive young women that it's easy to root for them. They are everyone's daughter they never had.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
would have no problems eating my thoughts and words in open forum washed down with a large glass of liquid crow. :cool: I'd be grinning the whole time. :D
You might consider Wild Turkey if you want to maintain the avian bent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I try to keep my expectations low. In order to win it all, we probably have to beat the top 3 teams in the country, all in a row. NC State, Stanford and South Carolina. The probabilities of that are not good. Even if all teams were equal it would be about a 1/8th chance of winning ( I think. It's been 50 years since I took statistics ). Chances are one of the next few days is a downer. My approach is like intentionally taking a serotonin inhibitor for sports. Often I check the score before watching a game. If we won, I might watch. Ergo why I'm not a Uconn fan. I don't normally need to check the score. Part of me feels guilty about it as a lifelong Redsox fan as it's kind of like rooting for the evil empire but these kids are such good natured, positive young women that it's easy to root for them. They are everyone's daughter they never had.
Makes a lot of sense. You're not a UConn fan but you constantly refer to them as "we" and keyboard coach them. SC and Stanford could probably use some help too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This would, literally, kill me.
It's tough not being able to enjoy the game live, but it's what has to be done to give them the best chance of winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom