Is any school having the success Loisville has had this year... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is any school having the success Loisville has had this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No worries - I wasn't offended - hope you're not either. I'm actually a Louisville fan - if not, I may have been "JimmyC's Ghost" - who stopped in here during the ACC CR mess.

Good talking with you.

Yeah, good chatting with you. Hilarious, at first I thought you were either an Arkansas fan or someone making fun of Petrino's glorious track record - maybe some resentful Falcon's fan - but then I resigned myself & guessed you were all things UConn. I totally forgot Petrino coached at Lville.

Believe it or not, I was one of a few BIG fans who was shooting for Lville and Rutgers to the BIG years ago. I used to post my wishes on the Cardinal's board, Rivals. Every elitist BIG fan would crash my hopes - commuter school, academics, little brother in Kentucky : (. I'm a big hoops fan, and have long held the belief the best, most underrated basketball region is the Ohio River Valley - Kentuckiana. I badly wanted an immediate, fierce rivalry for OSU, Indiana, Illinois and Purdue. Kentucky and Lville have long depended on the Ohio River Valley for hoops talent - fair to say this region either roots for BIG schools, Ky , IU, and sometimes Pitt-WVa-Cincy. I've been a big fan of Lville, the city, for many years - really like the city and music scene, have frequented Ear-X-Tacy a few times, heard it closed : (. When Md went BIG, I gave up on Lville, & then Rutgers closed my hopes. I was shocked, but ultimately not surprised you guys got into the ACC. FSU likely helped bring you in as old conference mates, on top of your well run ADpt. I was willing to bet the farm that you would end up in the Big12 to accompany WVa.

I've been on this board endorsing a UConn move to the BIG. Really think they've gotten screwed by this realignment.

Peace n kindness

Reaction Score
Yeah, good chatting with you. Hilarious, at first I thought you were either an Arkansas fan or someone making fun of Petrino's glorious track record - maybe some resentful Falcon's fan - but then I resigned myself & guessed you were all things UConn. I totally forgot Petrino coached at Lville.

Believe it or not, I was one of a few BIG fans who was shooting for Lville and Rutgers to the BIG years ago. I used to post my wishes on the Cardinal's board, Rivals. Every elitist BIG fan would crash my hopes - commuter school, ty academics, little brother in Kentucky : (. I'm a big hoops fan, and have long held the belief the best, most underrated basketball region is the Ohio River Valley - Kentuckiana. I badly wanted an immediate, fierce rivalry for OSU, Indiana, Illinois and Purdue. Kentucky and Lville have long depended on the Ohio River Valley for hoops talent - fair to say this region either roots for BIG schools, Ky , IU, and sometimes Pitt-WVa-Cincy. I've been a big fan of Lville, the city, for many years - really like the city and music scene, have frequented Ear-X-Tacy a few times, heard it closed : (. When Md went BIG, I gave up on Lville, & then Rutgers closed my hopes. I was shocked, but ultimately not surprised you guys got into the ACC. FSU likely helped bring you in as old conference mates, on top of your well run ADpt. I was willing to bet the farm that you would end up in the Big12 to accompany WVa.

I've been on this board endorsing a UConn move to the BIG. Really think they've gotten screwed by this realignment.

Peace n kindness

Yeah - I'm part of the small contingent of Louisville fans who doesn't root against BP. Regardless of his off field stuff, the guy is an offensive genius. His first game with WKU is against uk and I hope he beats them by a hundred.

I think ultimately the ACC will be the best fit for UofL and it is the conference that is the most exciting - great hoops, a football conference that we should be able to compete in and, good / easy travel destinations for the fans. The B1G is no question the gold standard at this point but, I really don't feel as though Louisville fit their profile from any criteria. The B12 would have been pretty difficult football wise for Louisville to hit the ground running and as WVU has found out, the travel sucks.

I ultimately hope that the ACC adds UConn but, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they get snapped up by the B1G - you're right, they have gotten screwed and, they're way too good to marooned in the AAC for long.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Louisville and its fans.
You guys as well. I know we got off on the wrong foot but, I really have enjoyed watching UConn BB (the fake fair catch soured me on FB but I'm bound to get over it sooner or later) and I hope that you guys get in whichever you want more - the ACC or B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom