Is Adams in the doghouse? | The Boneyard

Is Adams in the doghouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just my opinion, but seems to me he's worth investing more PT in, however, for some reason it seems KO has him on a very short leash. Anyone else have a take on this?

Reaction Score
TBH i may be in the minority but I like the dynamic of this lineup we have, whether it be Calhoun or Purvis starting. They play well together, all look like they're having fun together. Not saying I don't like Jalen out there, i just don't think it's a big point that he's not starting. KO also said it was a bit about discipline so he may be in the doghouse, or it could've been just for that game.

Reaction Score
Averaging 20 minutes this season. Against Georgetown was the first game he has played fewer than 15. Considering he's a freshman guard in an otherwise talented veteran lineup, I'd hardly call that "the dog house".

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The season isn't lost yet. We haven't moved on to the point of investing PT in players to develop them; KO needs to be be putting players on the court according to their current skill level and ability to help us win now. I love JA as a piece of this year's team and a future star, but nobody can argue that his play has been setting the world on fire as of late.

Reaction Score
TBH i may be in the minority but I like the dynamic of this lineup we have, whether it be Calhoun or Purvis starting. They play well together, all look like they're having fun together. Not saying I don't like Jalen out there, i just don't think it's a big point that he's not starting. KO also said it was a bit about discipline so he may be in the doghouse, or it could've been just for that game.
IDK I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this but Omar and Miller got really heated and had to be separated headed into a TO in the second half. Could just be two tough SOB competitors but it was kinda unsettling as far as chemistry goes.

Reaction Score
I have noticed a short leash as well. I hope less playing time isn't how ko disciplines players. Unless it's a really minor offense. I would expect total benching. Probably not dressing for the game

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Certainly sounds like Adams is on KO's 'doghouse'. I see no other reason why Omar would start over Jalen vs Gtown considering KO had just moved Jalen to the starting lineup about a week ago to bring Purvis off the bench for instant offense:

It was Calhoun’s first start since last January at Houston. Freshman Jalen Adams had started the prior two games for the Huskies, but began the game on the bench for what appears to be disciplinary reasons.
“It was something internal,” said Ollie, “and we’ll go back the next two days and evaluate who we’re starting next game.”
Adams played 11 minutes and scored two points.
http://www.nhregister.com/article/NH/20160123/SPORTS/160129794

Reaction Score
He's talented, but a freshman. We're getting into the make-or-break part of our conference schedule, where veteran playmaking that doesn't show up on the stat sheet is paramount. I wouldn't be surprised if we see an average PT of 10-15 min regularly moving forward. Next year he's the guy.

Reaction Score
He's talented, but a freshman. We're getting into the make-or-break part of our conference schedule, where veteran playmaking that doesn't show up on the stat sheet is paramount. I wouldn't be surprised if we see an average PT of 10-15 min regularly moving forward. Next year he's the guy.
He just really can't shoot right now. He is better at getting into the lane than everyone on the team but no one is respecting his jumper or 3. I don't know his high school stats but im sure they are alot better than what he's shooting right now. It is high school and all but he has to be better than what he's shown for him to have been a High 4-star/5-star player.

Reaction Score
He just really can't shoot right now. He is better at getting into the lane than everyone on the team but no one is respecting his jumper or 3. I don't know his high school stats but im sure they are alot better than what he's shooting right now. It is high school and all but he has to be better than what he's shown for him to have been a High 4-star/5-star player.

He would probably be starting on 90% of college teams, but this is Uconn & we're filled with talent.

Reaction Score
adams also hasn't played very well the last 2 games now...so there's that
Not sure why his actual performance is consistently lost on people. He needs to play better to get more time.

Reaction Score
From KOs twitter on the 25th: "Toughness is doing right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you.. Lay your ego down for the Unit. #UConnLuv". Pretty sure someone said on an earlier thread that JA might have had something to say about his playing time a couple weeks ago?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Why would Ollie bench Adams for asking for more run when DH has clearly been in a daze these last few weeks?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
From KOs twitter on the 25th: "Toughness is doing right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you.. Lay your ego down for the Unit. #UConnLuv". Pretty sure someone said on an earlier thread that JA might have had something to say about his playing time a couple weeks ago?
And this @James is exactly why we don't speculate about such things. Now we have someone quoting that as a possibility even though it was total pure speculation on your point (even if you said it was pure speculation). The next step in the ladder is someone else saying they read that this is what happened. No good comes from it.

The quote could be about a ton of different things. So let's stop reading into this immediately.

Reaction Score
Oz said he's not in the doghouse. He's an alpha dog type and wants to be it now. Just has to go about it the right way.

Sounds like a teaching moment from Ollie to Adams

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
IDK I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this but Omar and Miller got really heated and had to be separated headed into a TO in the second half. Could just be two tough SOB competitors but it was kinda unsettling as far as chemistry goes.

Miller as in Shonn or Glenn?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Liked seeing fire. My bet is SOB competitors as you called it. We need fire. KO can straighten out the chemistry problem if any. NC run time.

Reaction Score
Why would Ollie bench Adams for asking for more run when DH has clearly been in a daze these last few weeks?
Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Why would you think he was benched for asking for more playing time? As for his playing time, outside of a handful of games its not like he's been any good, for the rep that he had and at his age he needs to play better than he has. As disappointing as DHam has been recently, he will still get his minutes due to his rebounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom