Is AD Dave Alive? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is AD Dave Alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone can show up at the WBB games where they're beating teams into the pavement.

Been a Season ticket holders for hockey for 6 years and can count how often I've seen him at games on no hands. Dee Rowe, meanwhile, was at a game during a snowstorm a few weeks ago and he just turned 90.
Oh, he has been at hockey games in the past. Not sure about this year as I haven't been able to get to any.

Reaction Score
Anyone can show up at the WBB games where they're beating teams into the pavement.

Been a Season ticket holders for hockey for 6 years and can count how often I've seen him at games on no hands. Dee Rowe, meanwhile, was at a game during a snowstorm a few weeks ago and he just turned 90.

Could someone please explain the fascination with wether Benedict shows up at sports events. Despite what you and Whaler seem to be trying to say about him joining the blue hairs at WCBB, I have also seen him frequently at football and MCBB.
I know in the current on line craze, we all want to know everyone’s business. However, successful leaders do most of their work out of the public eye. When everything is public it just allows observers, including competitors, to throw up roadblocks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Could someone please explain the fascination with wether Benedict shows up at sports events. Despite what you and Whaler seem to be trying to say about him joining the blue hairs at WCBB, I have also seen him frequently at football and MCBB.
I know in the current on line craze, we all want to know everyone’s business. However, successful leaders do most of their work out of the public eye. When everything is public it just allows observers, including competitors, to throw up roadblocks.

dude ive never said he doesnt go to games. learn to read.

the idea that benedict is a successful leader is a joke.

the idea that he cant make public statements because of ‘competitors’ is stupid

Reaction Score
dude ive never said he doesnt go to games. learn to read.

the idea that benedict is a successful leader is a joke.

the idea that he cant make public statements because of ‘competitors’ is stupid
“Dude has been in hiding for years”. I think you wrote this earlier in this thread.cant be in hiding and at MCBB,WCBB and football games also.
Benedict didn’t party in the islands while Louisville was taking our spot in the ACC. He did make major moves in firing Diaco and Ollie when almost no one was nought he had the guts to do it before their contracts expired.
I think it is you who had trouble understanding my comment re being in the public eye. In todays world, wee, the public, seem to think we have a right to know everything that goes on behind the scenes. No goood leader Is going to allow that to happen. We have no idea what Benedict is doing behind the scenes on scheduling, tv contracts, league expansion positioning etc. , Nor should we.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
“Dude has been in hiding for years”. I think you wrote this earlier in this thread.cant be in hiding and at MCBB,WCBB and football games also.
Benedict didn’t party in the islands while Louisville was taking our spot in the ACC. He did make major moves in firing Diaco and Ollie when almost no one was nought he had the guts to do it before their contracts expired.
I think it is you who had trouble understanding my comment re being in the public eye. In todays world, wee, the public, seem to think we have a right to know everything that goes on behind the scenes. No goood leader Is going to allow that to happen. We have no idea what Benedict is doing behind the scenes on scheduling, tv contracts, league expansion positioning etc. , Nor should we.

yes hiding from making public statements and engaging the media. he hides because his tenure has been a total and complete failure.

it’s only in bizarro world where someone can watch the benedict tire fire and invent secret worlds where he is an adept leader.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
yes hiding from making public statements and engaging the media. he hides because his tenure has been a total and complete failure.

it’s only in bizarro world where someone can watch the benedict tire fire and invent secret worlds where he is an adept leader.

Another Whaler Hot Take - well done. It's especially hot given the FOI news today - he has an active lawsuit basically asking for everything - you don't think that might have an impact? LOL.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Another Whaler Hot Take - well done. It's especially hot given the FOI news today - he has an active lawsuit basically asking for everything - you don't think that might have an impact? LOL.

lol yeah it’s a real feather in dave’s cap that he played himself into this corner with ollie.

oh look he has to live in a cave because he is inept and therefore cant communicate in public.

great defense for him

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
lol yeah it’s a real feather in dave’s cap that he played himself into this corner with ollie.

oh look he has to live in a cave because he is inept and therefore cant communicate in public.

great defense for him

...you mean all the dealings he had with Calhoun? Oh, wait, that wasn't him.
...other sports NCAA violations? Oops, not him either.

You don't think he has a lawyer about 6 inches from his ear saying "Shut up?"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
...you mean all the dealings he had with Calhoun? Oh, wait, that wasn't him.
...other sports NCAA violations? Oops, not him either.

You don't think he has a lawyer about 6 inches from his ear saying "Shut up?"

lol the fact he is running the ad so poorly they had to pick a for cause fight with ollie in the first place.

maybe dont give such terrible contact buyouts to such bad coaches and the lawyers dont have to bury you in a vault.

maybe they should just destroy the email servers and printers and no one will ever be able to make a foia request because there are no documents!

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

“‘David feels that with Twitter he should be either ‘all-in’ or ‘all-out’ and with all of his other responsibilities, he just isn’t able to dedicate enough time to using it as he had before,” the UConn athletic department explained when asked to comment.”

Sounds about right.

Reaction Score
I’d do t give a rat’s rearend if hr tweets or anything else. He needs to communicate a vision and standard of excellence. we’re trying real hard is not that.

Reaction Score
You realize the AD isn't taking out loans to finance our sports, right? UConn is funding the current shortfall. It couldn't do that if it was broke. The current deficit just means that the AD isn't making a profit or revenue neutral.

And when the AD doesn't profit, the budget shrinks.

Athletics will always be funded by the school, to some extent. That's the way it was intended to be before it became a business for schools to run on the side. The business aspect is floundering for UConn right now and that needs to change quickly or else there won't be a football program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

you still think its the lawsuit. lol.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He is alive sitting in 3D to Detroit, this snowy morning

Reaction Score
On his way to brunch with the "rock star" in Michigan?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Alive and well and lobbying against being able to bet on the Huskies.
State lottery wants legislators to approve bill allowing online ticket sales

Regardless of what sports gambling looks like in the state, University of Connecticut Athletic Director David Benedict is asking legislators to prohibit gambling on college sports, particularly on games involving Connecticut schools.
"The university does not support collegiate sports betting generally," he said, adding that gambling on college events "could result in the exposure of student athletes to a new level of pressure and the influence of others."

What a take, because people don't gamble on sports now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom