Is a Picture Worth a Thousand Words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
and she follows Baylor football....

Reaction Score
No, a picture is not worth 1000 words anymore. There's been inflation.

The statement seems to have originated in the 1910s. One cent in 1913 is now worth ~24 cents.

Thus, a picture is now worth about 24,000 words. Please update your usage.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't get tweeting and following 16yr old girl on the internet... creepy! (Sarcasm button off)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't get tweeting and following 16yr old girl on the internet... creepy! (Sarcasm button off)

I do not follow anyone...this photo was brought to my attention. Maybe creepy is in the eye of the beholder...maybe that is just the way your mind works, mine doesn't. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I do not follow anyone...this photo was brought to my attention. Maybe creepy is in the eye of the beholder...maybe that is just the way your mind works, mine doesn't. ;)
Most normal minds would find that creepy. i.e. if an adult male were following a teenage girl. I can understand if you're a reporter and you kind of have to, but it would still feel kinda creepy. Not sure how those guys do that.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Okay, here goes....I appreciate your wide-ranging interest in WCBB, ETT...but I am not sure why you expect us to share your enthusiasm about the picture of a Baylor recruit on her Twitter feed...

Yes, I realize that we are a broad-spectrum bunch in the BY, and we cover LOTS of topics, interests and opinions. But why bring this here??? Does Baylor have a board like this where you could share this particular tidbit?

I am not remotely suggesting that you or your opinions are anything but welcome....just questioning this one post (and why we should care).

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Sure, Meyers, it's creepy. But as someone who is fascinated by culture and the new forces that sway changes,
this thread has me thinking about an 80's show on Fox called "Married with Children".
The writers/producers ask the viewers to contemplate a 15(?) year old (Christina Applegate) in heavy make-up, form-fitting clothes,
and trashy demeanor. Would it be a surprise that that show, and similar media forays, would be a force to blur the adult/child
boundary in the eyes of men?

Reaction Score
Okay, here goes....I appreciate your wide-ranging interest in WCBB, ETT...but I am not sure why you expect us to share your enthusiasm about the picture of a Baylor recruit on her Twitter feed...

Yes, I realize that we are a broad-spectrum bunch in the BY, and we cover LOTS of topics, interests and opinions. But why bring this here??? Does Baylor have a board like this where you could share this particular tidbit?

I am not remotely suggesting that you or your opinions are anything but welcome....just questioning this one post (and why we should care).
I just took ETT's OP and Twitter link as informative on the potential leanings of an elite and uncommitted recruit who has drawn a lot of interest here. Yes we all know he hopes she commits to Baylor, but so what?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Most normal minds would find that creepy. i.e. if an adult male were following a teenage girl. I can understand if you're a reporter and you kind of have to, but it would still feel kinda creepy. Not sure how those guys do that.

As I stated, I do not follow any players in Twitter, unless they are adults (pro players). So any implication that I am a "creeper" is highly offensive to me.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

This is a top recruit that has lots of interest and the BY seems to enjoy discussing the "leanings" of potential recruits. If I knew that she had a pic of herself on Twitter for weeks with a UCONN jersey or a Texas jersey on, I would have shared that as well, as it may give some insight on how she is leaning.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
As I stated, I do not follow any players in Twitter, unless they are adults (pro players). So any implication that I am a "creeper" is highly offensive to me.
you did see "sarcasm off" at the end of my comment or you stopped at "creepy" and just went H.A.M?

Reaction Score

Cox is of course being recruited by UConn... so people on a UConn board would be interested what school she has chosen if any...

That said, I don't think this photo indicates anything as to her choice of college to attend.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Cox is of course being recruited by UConn... so people on a UConn board would be interested what school she has chosen if any...

That said, I don't think this photo indicates anything as to her choice of college to attend.

Nor do I, but I do like the say she looks in Baylor green. I would certainly see that than Texas orange.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
you did see "sarcasm off" at the end of my comment or you stopped at "creepy" and just went H.A.M?

Sarcasm "off" would mean, to me, that there was no sarcasm in your comment. Sarcasm "on" would imply sarcasm is being used. Maybe I have my on and off buttons confused.

Reaction Score

If she were wearing a UCONN shirt in the pic, this thread would already have 120 congratulatory "high five" posts.

Reaction Score
Cox has been considered by many to be a virtual lock to sign with Baylor.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What I don't understand is what level of inflation could make a penny worth -24 cents.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

But yet you are the one interested in the tweets of 16 yr old girls or maybe just the clothes they wear.
I just thought we were in the usual area of Off Topic. But can anything Baylor be off topic?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
But yet you are the one interested in the tweets of 16 yr old girls or maybe just the clothes they wear.
I just thought we were in the usual area of Off Topic. But can anything Baylor be off topic?

No, I have never shown any interest in any of her tweets. This was posted on the Baylor board and I shared because it may give some insight to which university she may be leaning toward.

Maybe I misunderstand, but I thought Off Topic meant it does not apply to WCBB. Is OT anything that does not apply to UCONN WBB?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sarcasm "off" would mean, to me, that there was no sarcasm in your comment. Sarcasm "on" would imply sarcasm is being used. Maybe I have my on and off buttons confused.
at the end of a sentence... you turn it off meaning the whole sentence was dripping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom